• 20 •

Chapter 20 // Books

- Jennie

The moment I came back in conscious, darkness and pain is all I can feel.

Even though the light and white ceiling of the hospital room is too bright for my eyes. I still felt like I am consumed by the darkness because of what I feel right now.

I missed them. I missed my babies...

"Jennie! Oh my god! Thank goodness you're now awake!" Joy immediately went to me and held my hand.

"You made us worry..." Mina almost whispered on my left side. She was now gently caressing my hair.

I looked at Mina, giving her a 'really?' look. I'm too tired to talk nor give an expression.

"You are unconscious for 2 weeks straight, Jennie. And within those weeks Taehyung and Wonwoo are taking care of you and they lack of sleep because they are so worried. " Mina explained and I just nodded.

The two of them help me eating and let me rest again. I just followed what they would made me do because I felt nothing and numb as of now.

The next morning I woke up, Taehyung greeted me with his handsome face. I don't know because it's weird, but seeing him make me suddenly missed him?

I slowly got myself up and he noticed it. "Jennie, you're--" He was cut off when I hugged him tight.

I clung my arms on his neck pulling him closer, I found my way on his neck. Sniffing his scent that has been always my favorite.

He chuckled. "I see that you missed me." Taehyung snaked his arms around my waist before pulling me closer too even though there isn't any space or gap between us. "I missed you two, baby. Are you hungry? Your doctor came earlier and she said you can be discharged now."

"I want kimchi rice." That was the only thing that came out in my mouth.

"Sure thing, baby. Wait here, I'll just pay for your hospital bills then I'll prepare your stuffs. After that we're going to eat outside, to your favorite restaurant." He gave me a smile when he slowly pulled away from the hug.

I gave him a slight nod before I looked down. Many thoughts came to my mind again.

"How is she?" I was stunned when I heard a voice that I am not expecting to be here.

"Oh... Nice timing! Stay here while I finish all her papers in the billing office." Taehyung said before leaving.

When Taehyung left, the atmosphere suddenly went dead silent. Yes, it was indeed awkward because I wasn't expecting this.

"Why are you here?" I broke the silence.

"And why are you lying there unconscious for two weeks?" She shot back that made shut up.

"You knew? How?" I played with my fingers as I almost whispered those words.

"I found out, unnie. I overheard Mina and Joy's conversation on saving you from the ambush." Rosé said making me look at her a bit shocked.

She sighed. She walked towards my bed and sat down beside me, she took my hand and held it tightly.

"Why are you hiding this to us, unnie? Do you know how worried Nayeon unnie and Jisoo unnie when the list of passers for the 4th year scholarship examination came out? Your name wasn't there, they are anticipating for it but only ended up getting disappointed." Rosé kept talking.

"Sorry..." I muttered. "I just don't want my friends that I treasure the most that became my sister and family to get involved with this dirty little work of mine."