𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮- : 𝐫.𝐭.

i absolutely love richie
reddie for life 😌
𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: language!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
𝐲/𝐧 𝐩𝗼𝐯

today my sister beverly invited me to the quarry to swim, with all of her friends.
i don't usually go anywhere besides school and the library.
if you couldn't tell from those two sentences, i don't like people.
i've had bad social anxiety for as long as i can remember.
and the fact that i didn't know others were going to be here makes me want to throw up, literally.
so here i am, half naked with my swimsuit, standing in front of her weird friends.
the first one i notice is a boy with curly hair, he is eyeing me up and down and it makes me feel really uncomfortable. (pervy jew 🙄)
there is also a boy with two fanny packs and brown hair, i think his name is kitkat or clapback? something like that.
the third one is a boy with flat brown hair, denbrough. the only reason i know him is because of his missing little brother.
the fourth is ben hanscom. i see him a lot at the library and hear about him a lot at home. beverly talks about him non stop and it's so annoying.
the last is a black haired boy with glasses that give him big eyes. i've heard of him, tozier. the sarcastic one of the group. beverly says he makes dirty jokes all the time. he stands before me, smiling like crazy. 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭?
"hey y/n are you going to introduce yourself or what?" says beverly.
"well bev i would've thought you did it for me. i'm y/n, beverly's sibling." i say.
"hello! i'm stanley!"
"i-i'm b-bi-bill."
"hi! i'm eddie!!"
"hey y/n! it's ben!"
"hey hotstuff i'm richie, but you can call me babe if you'd like."
𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵, 𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘶𝘴.
"yea uh no thanks, richie." i say.
he smile drops and i'm pretty satisfied.
i grab beverly's hand and take a running start in the quarry.

{time skip brought to you by a staph infection 🤚}

we have been swimming for about an hour now, richie calling me names like hotstuff the entire time.
he was getting on my nerves and i had enough.
as we climbed out of the quarry to dry off, i went over to where he was at the edge of the cliff.
"hey look who's here! came to sit with the most awesome arcade player?" he says.
"no tozier, i came to put you in your damn place." i say and roll my eyes.
"you having been calling me names nonstop today and it's  crazy annoying. you act like this big shot meanwhile you can't even wave hi to your crush! it's honestly unbelievable how pathetic you are. you push people around like the big guy you think you are, but maybe, people need to give you a push too!" i say and push him off the cliff into the water.

*exaggerated gasps from everyone*

"y/n! that was sick!" says bev.
all the boys nod and start laughing.
i turn around and see richie drenched with a broken pair of glasses in his hand.
"𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮-" starts richie.
"so tozier how'd you like your trip?" i smirk.
(okay okay i see you confident y/n 😙)
"i can't believe you! i-i just met you and you broke my damn glasses! you-you inconsiderate piece of-"
"RICHIE, for god sakes just shut up!" i say.
he smirks and says, "alright alright, on one condition."
"and that would be..?" i ask.
"you, me, and a milkshake." he says proudly.
"no." i say.
"HA i- wait what?" he says, dumbfounded.
"milkshakes are boring, let's get pizza."
"well well well, fine then! i'll meet you at 6?"
"it's a date." i say.
both our cheeks flush as we finish drying off.