𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝗼𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 - 𝐧

i really wanted to make one with this song
and needed to write something about newt
(if are reading this, hi lea)
but here it is besties
𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: spoilers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

𝐲/𝐧 𝐩𝗼𝐯

my feet are aching, and your back is pretty tired.
and we've drunk a couple bottles, babe, and set our grief aside.

when i met newt, i was helpless and in need of a friend. i was dropped off as one of the earliest people in the maze, and we all had to learn how to survive here. he was the nicest, while most of the others were going through the five stages of grief.

the papers say it's doomsday, the button has been pressed. we're gonna nuke each other up boys, 'til old satan stands impressed.

we eventually got closer and closer as time went by, and soon became best friends. we would always sit together late at night and talk about anything and everything. he would tell me how his day went while i told him what i saw in the maze.

and here it is, our final night alive. as the earth runs to the ground, oh girl, it's you that i lie with. as the atom bomb locks in. oh it's you, i watch tv with. as the world, as the world caves in.

and then one day thomas came, and newt fell head over heels for him. it was so sweet yet sad to watch. newt had found the one, but i don't think thomas ever realized. we did realize something else though,

you put your final suit on, i paint my fingernails. oh we're going out in style, babe, and everything's on sale.

we had found a way out of the maze! a way to escape w.c.k.d. and everything that has caused us pain and suffering. we were finally going to make it out!

we creep up on extinction, i pull your arms right in. i weep and say goodnight, love, while my organs pack it in.

but then newt got infected. that's where it all went downhill. thomas and i wanted to take newt with us so we could find a cure. we weren't about to let him die, he was our best friend, our brother.

and here it is, our final night alive. as the earth runs to the ground, oh girl it's you, that i lie with. as the atom bomb locks in, oh it's you i watch tv with. as the world, as the world caves.

we tried, we tried so hard to get the cure. but we were never able to. newt went full crank on us. we had no choice but to stop him, it was so hard for me to watch. "newt, please!" i cried out, "try to fight it!" but i knew he couldn't, it took him over fully.

oh it's you, that i lie with. as the atom bomb locks in, yes it's you, i welcome death with. as the world,

and then,
he was gone.

as the world caves in.