𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭! - 𝐣.𝐩.

i got a new request! :)) JulzLovDraco4Eva
i'm super excited to write this one i have so many ideas !!
(and yes i know the timelines of snape being a professor and james being a student don't line up but just go with it lol)
warnings: none
the pronouns are she/her
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

𝐲/𝐧 𝐩𝗼𝐯

"lily what are you talking about? he is sooo cute!" i reply, dragging the "o".
"i don't know y/n, maybes he's just not my type?"
"well good! more for me then." i state, smiling.
we're talking about james potter, my best friend.
we've know each other practically our whole lives, and i've recently seen him in a new light. he's just so pretty.
but i don't know how to tell him.
"hello y/n are you there?" lily asks, waving her hand in front of my face.
"yeah yea i'm her-" i start.
"y/n there you are!!" yells sirius, walking over with the rest of the marauders.
me and him are super close too, almost like siblings. i've been good friends with the marauders since first year and we always find a way to have fun, but it mainly ends in an angry snape and detention.
"hey guys! what mischief are we getting into today?"
"i was thinking we put polyjuice in snape's goblet and turn him into flitwick!" says james.
"james as much as i love pulling pranks, don't you think that's a little too much? we could get banished from hogwarts." says remus.
ugh remus is right,
but will james think i'm not cool?
"remus come on, it'll be fun! right sirius?" i say.
"yeah sure... y/n can i talk to you for a second?" says sirius.
"erm, alright." i say.
we walk out into the courtyard and sit on the steps.
"can i ask why you've been saying yes to everything james has been suggesting lately?" asks sirius.
"because he has good ideas, duh!"
"y/n, you and remus always make sure to never take it to far but you haven't been caring, is there something going on?"
oh no.
i start to blush and turn my head to the opposite direction, trying to hide my bright pink face. i obviously didn't do it well because sirius says, "bloody hell y/n you like james!"
"sirius shut your mouth!" i say, blushing even harder.
"oh my goodness you really do!" he replies.
"alright, fine, maybe i do! but you have to swear not to tell anyone."
"i swear on my whole family tree, and the marauders!"
"sirius this isn't life or death." i say, chuckling.
he laughs a bit and we start to walk back into the school.
we don't get very far until we bump into an angry looking professor flitwick.
or should i say professor snape?
"sirius, y/n detention for you and your other friends in my office, right this instant!" he says.
"yes professor." we both reply.
as he walks away, me and sirius look at each other and burst into laughter.
once we reach the classroom, we see that remus, james, and peter have already made it.
"guys that was brilliant!" i say.
"y/n what did you say? says snape.
i forgot he was there!
"i said that was brilliantly stupid professor." i mutter and we take our seats.
we here a boom from the far side of the school and snape gets up and tell us to behave while he goes to check what's wrong.
probably off to hand out detention like it's candy.
"so, y/n, what did you think?" james asks with a smile on his face.
"i thought it was awesome! you should have seen the look on our faces when we first saw him!" i said.
"i'm surprised you agreed to it, you're pretty good at telling us when too much is too much."
"yeah why did you agree?" says peter.
i look over to sirius and he smirks at me.
welp, i guess this is the end of that secret.
"because, i really like you james." i admit.
he chuckles, "i know y/n that's why we are friends!"
"no i mean more than a friend." i reply.
they all look at me with shocked expressions.
bloody hell why isn't he saying anything?!
"i'm sorry if that ruined what we had as friends, i'll, erm, talk to you guys later." i say. and run out of the classroom. i'm almost back at the dorms until i feel someone grab my arm.
it's probably snape, i totally forgot about my detention!
i turn around and am greeted with james.
"y/n why did leave?" he asks.
"because you obviously don't like me back." i say, looking down to the ground.
he places his fingers on my chin and lifts up my head, "now who said that."
and then he kisses me,
it's short and sweet but it's everything i've dreamed of.
"i've been wanting to do that for a while." he breathes out.
"i'm really glad you did," i say smiling, "but we should probably get back to snape's before he notices we've left."
i grab his hand and we run back to the classroom.
the rest of the marauders must have heard us come in, they turn their heads and smile back at us.
"so you too huh?" remus asks.
"yup haha." i say.
"ooh james is getting some!" says sirius.
"sirius shut up! i won't hesitate to crucio you!" james says.
"hey hey, calm down you two!" i say.
"oh wait! y/n i haven't properly asked, but do you want to be my girlfriend?" asks james.
"of course james."
"𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭!"