𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐧𝗼𝐭 𝗺𝐞 - 𝐤.𝐬.

i got a request for kate, and i've been listening to a lot of mitski lately, so i'm gonna make a sad one. i had to change the story just a little but it's basically the same.
kate's death was so brutal i felt so bad :(
𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: language
mentions of drugs/overdose/drowning
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

𝐲/𝐧 𝐩𝗼𝐯

i hate these stupid monsters.
"y/n can you tell us what happened?" asked sheriff goode.
i hate them.
"y/n are you there?" he asked again.
i hate them i hate them i hate them i ha-
"y/n answer me!" the officer yelled and slammed his fists on the metal table.

currently i'm in questioning about what happened at the grocery store, which i don't wanna relive. i lost two of my best friends that night. it all started with sarah fier's body, and the curse it brought. but i can't tell the station that, they'd never believe me.

"ok, ok. i'm sorry. i can't think straight, i've lost my girlfriend and best friend if you didn't notice." i say rolling my eyes.
"well, can you please tell me how that happened." he said, sitting down in front of me.

we went to the grocery store to have sam overdose so that the killers would go away, then we would resurrect her. i would have rather have sam be gone for good, so that the curse would definitely be gone, but deena loved her, and i understood that feeling of adoration. me and kate had starting dating about 8 months ago, and it had been the best 8 months of my life too.

"i don't feel like talking." i respond.
"if you don't say anything we will hold you accountable for their deaths."
"fine. we were picking up sam's prescription and the lights went out. it was pitch black, i couldn't really see anything. and so we just hid behind a counter till it was over." i said.
"and, uh, how'd you get that cut on your arm?" he asked.
"i fell on some glass."

but of course it all had to come crashing down. because nothing good can stay in my life, right? anyways, the drugs didn't work and we all panicked. deena and sam saw a lobster tank and decided that drowning her was a better idea, since the killers were chasing after us. so while deena and sam went to the tank, me, kate, simon, and josh had to distract the killers. at one point, i lost kate. me and simon were running from this huge axe man in one aisle while josh was in the other. all of a sudden when we reached the end and saw the bakery area, i couldn't move. my jaw dropped and i felt the tears clouding my eyes.

"well i'll tell you what the facts tell me," goode started, "the junkies-"
"are you fucking kidding me? it's kate and simon's fault? you know what, fuck you! i don't think you understand what they went through, you piece of shit!" i yell.
"they are to blame for everything, and that feels too easy for me, but that is the story this department will go with unless you can help me to see it differently." he said.
"no, you obviously don't understand what they went through, because of course it's another shady side tragedy! kate was my everything, an underprivileged overachiever with bright prospects, who would do anything for her friends. simon was my best friend, a guy who's been supporting his family alone since he was 15. both succumbing to the quick cash of drugs, fits the narrative right? nice and neat." i say, feeling the hot tears pour down my cheeks.

but if that wasn't enough, i hear the swing of an axe and see simon fall on the floor next to me. so i run, i take josh's hand and we just run. i don't know where i'm going or what i'm doing, but i can't take it anymore. all my life i've been looking for that special someone, who would make my day just by smiling. and now that i've found her, she's gone. i can start to see that we've reached deena and sam, who still wasn't dead. "deena hurry!" josh yells. "almost there! c'mon sam! wait i-" she starts. the killers vanish. deena starts to cheer and josh has a look of relief, but for me, i'm just collapsed on the floor in tears. that stupid skeleton took her away from me. and i hope he gets the punishment he deserves.

"you came here for my help, i should've listened to you, i'm sorry. but i'm listening now." he says.
"there is nothing else to say." i respond.
"do you really want your friends going down for this?"
"no, but they're dead."