𝐢'𝗺 𝐧𝗼𝐭 𝐝𝐮𝗺𝐛! - 001

sooo i needed ideas on what to write and my friends told me enemies to lovers 001 so that's what i'm gonna do
i don't normally write enemies to lovers so i hope y'all like itt 🤍
𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: cursing (when do i not put that as a warning LMAO)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

𝐲/𝐧 𝐩𝗼𝐯
"one are you serious?" i tell the boy sitting next to me.
"y/n please, i think you can easily take my shift, you love working with the subjects." he responds.
"first of all don't call them subjects, they're children," to which he rolls his eyes at my response, "and secondly no! i'm tired and brenner hasn't let me sleep in 2 days. i love the children but eleven has been having nightmares and he's having me stay up with her."
"fine y/n, you boring suck up." he replies.
"i don't suck up to my dad! just because he doesn't like you and you getting punished doesn't make it right for you to hate on me every single day! i'm so tired of you one." i say.
he looks shocked, almost hurt, "you don't get in trouble for anything because brenner is your dad while the rest of us suffer for whatever happens. do you think i asked to get stuck here? no. so sorry i have a bad attitude to people who get special treatment." he says and storms off, slamming my door behind him.
if you couldn't tell, my dad is dr. brenner and i work, and live, at the hawkins laboratory. i never wanted to follow in his footsteps. i always wanted to work at the police department, but my dad sucked me into this. no one leaves here except him and the doctors. us subjects, like the older ones who have powers and the children we work with never get out. one says he was taken against his will which i understand. we've grown up together and the hate has been mutual, but i do feel bad. he's never gotten that mad at me, just stupid little arguments.
i sigh and get up, walking to his room.
*knock knock* "one you there?" i ask.
no answer.
"one please let me in, i just want to talk."
"go away."
i grab a bobby pin from my hair and pick the lock, when it opens i see one lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling.
"jesus y/n i thought they gave you your powers back. but why would you do that, i said didn't want you to come in." he rolls his eyes again.
"i said we need to talk."
"well then go ahead, you're already here so i can't stop you."
"i'm sorry that things are so unfair here. i didn't realize how much easier things were for me and i shouldn't be angry at you all the time for what happens to you."
his gaze softens and he motions for me to sit on the bed. he gets up and sits next to me, grabbing my hand.
"thank you y/n. and obviously you can't control it but your understanding makes me have hope for people like you." he says squeezing my hand and smiling.
"people like me?"
"dumb and pretty." his smiles gets even wider, i've never seen it before, it's nice.
"i'm not dumb!" i laugh, "but i didn't know you found me pretty."
"i have ever since we were little, i just never said anything because i figured you would never get with someone so negative and you're totally out of my league." he replies.
"one you have every right to have a bad attitude, but i'm going to talk to my dad about making things better, and under all this hate you're really sweet and handsome." i say.
"yeah i don't think that's gonna do much, he doesn't listen to anyone, but thank you." he says, blushing at my comment, "can i give you a hug?"
i widen my eyes in shock, "the one wants to give me, the girl he's hated since forever, a hug?"
he laughs and pulls me into his embrace, falling back on the bed.
"maybe we start a new chapter where we don't hate each other?" he says looking me in the eyes.
"i'd like that." i say and hug him tighter.