Surprise

6 months later

It's been six months. Six fucking months and I still can't find her. Hernandez is getting impatient and is threatening my son, I feel like I'm about to explode any minute. A knock interrupted my thoughts.

"Come in," I said leaning back in my chair.

"Mrs. Gracia, there is a man by the name of John here to see you," my secretary said poking her head in.

"Let him in," I said frantically.

John came in and stood in front of my desk with his head down. " still can't find anything Ms.Garcia, it's like she has dropped off the face of the earth." John said not being able to look me in the eye. Why? I don't know, maybe he's afraid I'll be disappointed but I'm not, I am but not at him just at the fucked situation. John has done a lot for me I don't think I'll ever be disappointed.

I told John it was okay and left closing the door behind him. I let out a breath and throw myself in the chair causing it to lean back.

A couple of seconds later my phone rang. I picked it up and it was an unknown number I still answered because who knows? I could be getting a million dollars.

"Hello?"
"Elizabeth?"
"Yes, this is she how may I help you?"
"It's me, Amy, I need you to come to this address tomorrow at 12:30 and come alone," she said, and before I could get a word in she hangs up. I tried calling back but no answer.

What the hell is going on and why out of all people she decides to call me.

-

I walk up to a house that doesn't look good but it wasn't terrible either. I knocked on the door and a woman who looked to be in her early 50s opened the door.

"You must be Elizabeth? I and Miranda Amy's midwife" Miranda says giving me her hand to shake.

I shook her hand slowly trying to process what she just said and asked "mi-m-midwife?"

She gave me a small smile and said yes "follow me she's upstairs" I followed her and she leads me to a room that was average size with cream walls and little to no furniture.

Amy was standing in front of the window looking towards the street staring while there were twin girls on the bed crying.

The midwife walked up to me and whispered "she hasn't touched them, she says she doesn't want them"

"Amy," I said softly. "Are they..." I trailed off looking at the twins.

"Yes it was one drunken night he came home and one thing lead to another, I don't want them Elizabeth," she said tears pouring out of her eyes.

"Amy if you didn't want them why did you carry them? You just need time to process things"

"No, I carried them because I didn't have the heart to kill them!" She says raising her voice a little bit.

"Calm down, go take a shower and we'll figure this out. Okay?"

"Okay," she said quietly.

While Amy was in the shower Miranda came to me and ask if I wanted to hold them of course I said yes.

She told me the babies need skin-to-skin.

I took off my shirt and as she laid the twins on me they stopped crying. "You're a natural," she said and I gave her a small smile.

Miranda told me she has another patient so she had to leave it's been about an hour and a half and Amy hasn't come back yet. By now the twins were in a deep slumber. I placed them on the bed and put pillows around them.

I walk downstairs and there was no amy in the bathroom. I walked into the kitchen, there was no amy but there was a letter.

I'm so sorry for leaving like this. Please take care of them and love them as your own. I'm begging you, I know foster care is fucked up. You will have to buy them clothes and other essentials, the only clothes they have are the ones in their diaper bag which isn't much. They are yours now. Goodbye.

"What the actual fuck?"

Enjoy
I'm thinking about putting a few Jamaican dialect at the end of each chapter. Just a thought.
💜💜💜💜💜