My sweet boy

Elizabeth P.O.V
I left Ezra's office to go to his house to see my sweet boy and he says he's coming along so we got in his car and drove off.
We pulled up in his drive way 30 minutes later.

Ezra's houseWe entered the house and Ezra shouted Nathaniel's name

Ezra's house
We entered the house and Ezra shouted Nathaniel's name.

"Yes dad" he shouted back.
"Get down here boy" Ezra says

He comes down and spots me and ran in my arms and shouted "mummy!"
I picked him up and kissed him "my sweet boy, how are you?" I ask.
"I'm okay mummy but I missed you so much" he said.
"I know baby, I know" I whispered
"When are you leaving again?" He ask looking sad.
"I don't know yet baby but I work so I can provide for you and myself" I finish giving him a sad smile.
" But daddy can do that for us" he says on the verge of tears.
"Baby, as a woman I shouldn't depend on a man, I should make my own money because besides being your parents we're individuals who has to make a living, your fathers money is his and mine is mine, you should marry a woman who's independent because there is no telling the future, okay?" I ask
"Okay" he says back.
" Can me,you and daddy go out?" Nathaniel ask me.
"I'm not so sur-" I was cut of by Ezra saying we should go.

I rolled my eyes at him and ask him if his wife would be okay with this and he just shrugged.

We went to a restaurant and we ate it was fun we laughed and talk, it was weirdly relaxing. We payed for our food and we left and Nathaniel said he wanted to go to the park and so we did. When we arrived it was empty and I am thankful for that. We went on slides, climbed the monkey bar and swing on the swings I had a lot of fun and I'm super happy about no paparazzi showing up but I could see Ezra's bodyguards from a distance but I didn't want to ruin the day so I didn't say anything.

Nathaniel was now knocked the fuck out in Ezra's arms as we walk back to the car in comfortable silence.

We reached his car and I pulled the car door so he could put Nate in his car seat.

5 minutes later we were on the road to my place.

"Soooo" Ezra says dragging the word.

"What is it?" I asked
"How have you been doing, we haven't had a real conversation in 4 years unless it involves Nathaniel" he says.
"We haven't talk because I don't want to" I say looking out the window.
"Why?" He ask taking a glance at me.
I didn't respond, I couldn't.
"Why?" He ask a little louder.
"Because it fucking hurts!" I shouted out.
"It hurts too much, it's been 4 fucking years, I thought I would have been over your cheating ass by now and to make things worse you didn't even tell me you were getting married I had to find out from people tagging me in shit on Instagram, you know how fucking betrayed I felt but I didn't say shit because as long as you're happy I know I'll be okay so no we don't need to have a fucking conversation unless it's about Nathaniel" I say on the verge of tears looking back out the window.

"I know you like honesty but I couldn't tell you because I didn't know how to, I know you still love me and I couldn't see you heart broken once again, when you asked for a divorce, I didn't fight you on it because I knew that's the best thing I could do for you" he says sighing.

"And not everything is fucking black and white Elizabeth" he says and I just rolled my eyes.

A few minutes later I broke the silence we were once in.
"Why?" I ask in my thoughts.
"Huh?" He ask taking glances between me and the road.
"Why did you cheat, is it because I wasn't home a lot, did I do something wrong, did I change, did you not love me anymore or is it simply because I wasn't good enough for you?" I ask softly

He sighs "this doesn't sound like you, where the bad bitch at?" He says trying to lighten the mood but failed.

"It wasn't because you weren't good enough or because I didn't love you, it wasn't you I'm just fucked up, the decisions I make in life......let's just say they can haunt me for the rest of my life, I love you and I always will and that's a fact and you're more than enough, fuck, you're a whole goddess, remember that your the one who told me that, don't make my bad decision question if your good enough because you are and more" he says

"So your saying is you cheated because of your past" I ask in shock.

Did he cheat because of his past and what does he mean by not everything is in black and white?
Hope you enjoyed this chapter
💜💜💜💜💜💜
Also decided to update on Thursday's
Vote and comment
Follow 24hoursofmadness__ on Instagram for count down and when new chapters will be coming out. You also get to make some choices about upcoming books and the ones already published.
💜💜💜💜💜💜