The Unexpected

4 years later
My life has been hectic, the girls are doing great they have a mouth on them that will keep you going for hours, Ezra and I started dating and he officially asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. Nate's birthday is coming up and in a few days and he's turning 12 it's kind of unbelievable. Amaya and Layla just turned 5 three weeks ago.

I sent the driver to pick up the kids from school as I would be busy with work. I was walking through the main entrance heading to HR when I heard a commotion.

"Don't talk to my brother like that" Amaya says shouting with her cute little upset face.

"Yeah, you uhh...pretty lady," says Layla trying to have her sisters back.

Amaya turns around shouting frustratingly and says "You can't call her pretty!"

"I'm sorry," Layla says pouting.

"It's fine, how about I do the talking, hmm?" Amaya asks petting Layla's hair. The whole time Nate is just quietly watching the scene unfold in front of him.

"Listen, child, you have to take your siblings and leave this is not a playground," says my employee

Amaya stared her down and fold her arms and said "the names Amaya" rolling her eyes after.

The woman went to touch Amaya but just before I could intervene Nate did.

Midway of the woman trying to touch Amaya Nate held her wrist "under no circumstances do you ever touch my sisters, understood?" he asks.

God, if this isn't Ezra's son

Nate lifts the girls in his arms and said "as my sister was saying before, our mother owns the building, now if you'll excuse me" he says giving her a little nod and walking away with the girls.

"I should get you fired" Amaya screams. She turns her head around and screams when she sees me.

"Mummy!" she says wiggling out of Nate's arms to run to me.

It's safe to say Nate and Amaya are mummy kids while Layla is a daddy's girl.

When Nate finally reach me he asked "you saw all that?" I nodded and looked at him and caressed his cheek.

I kiss them all and we headed to my office.

Not a lot of people know about the girls, I try to keep them out of the spotlight as much as possible. There have been questions if the girls are mine but I avoid them, I haven't even told the girls. I'm hundred percent sure they know that people doubt that they are mine and they haven't asked me yet.

Layla would have probably wanted to ask but is too afraid, Amaya on the other hand is a blunt person. I'm not going to lie and say I'm not scared of that day but for now I'll live in the moment as their mother.

"Okay, girls you will stay here with your brother and do your homework until I return," I said looking mostly at Amaya, she's the unruly one, doesn't like doing homework but loves to read as well as Layla but she also loves math while Nate loves physics.

-

The kids and I are heading out to meet their dad at a restaurant as it has been forever since we have been out as a family.

We arrived first and a couple of minutes later Ezra arrived.

He kissed me and the girls on the forehead while he does his handshake with Nate.
-

We ordered our food and finished eating, now we're just sitting and talking.

"Daddy, there was this mean lady who was being rude to Maya and Bubu" Layla tells Ezra.

Bubu is Nate's pet name

"Really, what happened?" Ezra asks genuinely curious-looking among us for an answer.

"Well she was being an ASS telling us we can't see Mummy," Amaya says spelling out ass.

Before I could say anything Layla cuts in "language Maya" Amaya rolls her eyes in response and says "I didn't say anything I just spelled it out" she finishes with a shrug.

"And what did you do?" Ezra asks directing the question to Nate.

He just says a quick but blunt response "I handle it" and it seems that was enough for Ezra as he just nods. Ezra and Nate aren't as close as I would like them to be but they have their unique way of interacting with one another. I think Ezra and Nate have a hard time being close because they're so much alike. Cold, reserved, and observant.

"Daddy guess what!" Amaya squeaks in excitement.

Ezra chuckles and asks "what is it, princess?"

"I have a boyfriend and I really love him," she says dragging out really.

Ezra and Nate turn towards her and screams "what?" You can see that Ezra is not liking this by the expression on his face while you have to read Nates' body language to see how much he's trying to control his temper.

Over the past few years, I've noticed that Nate struggles with anger problems but he does a good job at hiding and controlling it but for once I just want him to explode to let everything out. Nate keeps everything to himself and bottles it up that's one of the many reasons he just can't be happy.

-

As we are getting up to leave the restaurant goes bitch black and then everything went to shit

There was nothing but gunshots and screaming and suddenly everything went quiet and the lights came back on. When I saw what was in front of me I screamed, I felt as if my world has collapsed, I was numb but in so much pain. I knew it, I knew that something horrible was coming, I was happy and at peace for too long, I let my guard down but worry not I will make not make such mistake again. I turned around and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I was wrong.

The end
Vote💜💜💜💜💜
Follow 24hoursofmadness__on Instagram for updates

Anyways I'm going on vacation, well I already am but I haven't been anywhere since I left my country so it didn't really start. I'll see y'all on the flip side.
Season 1 over, season 2 will not be as boring or I hope so🤷‍♀️😩

Happy Thursday