Break

Ezra P.O.V
I walk into my office and see an envelope on my desk, I open it, sitting and leaning back in my chair. What I see shocks me, none of this makes sense.

Divorce papers?

I called Amy even though I doubt I will get her. It rings and she picks up on the fourth ring.

"I see you got my anniversary gift hubby," Amy says in a mischievous tone.

"What are you playing at Amy? Why now?" I asked feeling irritated by this whole game she and her father are playing at.

"Don't worry about it, honey, it's not like you wanted this marriage in the first place, right?" she asked.

"Right, but there is a contract and I don't plan to lose my blood, sweat, and tears to you" I stated firmly and she laughs mischievously.

"If you read the third page it's stated that I was the one who broke the contract so, therefore, I will deal with the consequences" as she said that I skip to page 3 and indeed it was there.

"Fine now let's talk about the kids-"
"What kids?" she asks cutting me off
"Fine, act dumb but if you leave them now don't ever come back and sign all parental rights to Elizabeth"
I said and she goes quiet for a moment and then she finally spoke "fine" and she hangs up the phone.

'What in the actual hell' I thought.

-

After I left the office I went to Elizabeth.

Knock knock

She has the twins in her hands and she looks

exhausted. I owe everything I have to this woman and I don't think that anything I do will be nearly enough to pay her back. Elizabeth has been there through the best and worst times of my life and this is why I ask her.

"How about we go out?" I ask and she looks at me as if I have 2 heads. Well, I do if you know what I mean but still. "Just the 2 of us, we go out and you get to relax and have fun" I stated finishing my argument.

"No" she stated simply and walk back into the living room where Nate was on the ground doing homework.

I close the door on my way inside and acknowledge Nate by saying "Hey buddy,"

"Hey dad" he responds. I picked him up, ruffle his hair and turn back to Elizabeth.

"And why not?" I ask her genuinely confused as to why she wouldn't take a break.

"Because Ezra I have 3 kids I have to take care of," she says in a duh tone.

"Yeah, I know, we'll just get someone to babysit" she immediately spins around as the words left my mouth.

"Not everyone can handle the girls and I don't trust anyone to take care of my kids," she says getting upset.

"Not even Elijah? I know you guys don't get along but I know you both lowkey love each other even though you guys are always arguing. You're telling me you don't trust him?"

"No, it's not that... it's just-" I cut her off by saying "you just don't want to go out with me," I said. "No Ezra, believe me, it's-" I cut her off again and said "it's fine I'll stay with the kids and you can go out with some of your girlfriends," I said walking towards the kitchen.

"Ezra for the love of God will you just listen to me and stop cutting me off," she says raising her voice a bit but not too much to frighten the kids. I turn towards her looking at her.

"It's not that I don't want to go out with you, I would love to, it's just that I'm scared," she says lowering her voice at the end.

"Scared of what Elizabeth?" I ask trying to make my tone as soft as possible.

"I'm scared that Amy might come back for the kids," she says lowering her head not being able to look at me.

"Lizzy, when I went in my office I saw divorce papers-" she cut me off by screaming "what!?"

"Yea, anyways I called her and got her, she didn't give much of an explanation as to why she suddenly file for divorce but I told her to never come back for the kids and sign all parental rights to you and she agreed," I said to her.

"Ezra," she says breathlessly rubbing her temple. "Do you think she won't do anything after she gives me all parental rights?" she asked.

"No, but at least we have it legally," I said and she nods slowly. "Do you think it's right to keep her from them, shouldn't we at least try and talk to her" she started. She's too good for this place I thought.

"Amy cannot be a mother I know that and she knows that and that's the exact reason she left the twins with you. If you let her in their lives she'll just come and go whenever she pleases and that will only hurt the kids in the end" I stated and she nods, "okay but let's get the parental rights thing sorted out first" says with hopeful eyes.

"Okay" I agreed

I have no idea where this story going so I'll be just as surprise as you.
Enjoy💜💜💜💜