Chapter 57

Sirius grins broadly when blonde hair flashes by the window of his compartment.

He quickly stands, flinging it open and grabbing the veela's swinging arms. Gwen laughs as she's whirled around and pinned to the window.

"Sirius," She warns as he lowers his face to playfully kiss her cheek. "I'm meant to be back with the girls. We're almost at the station!"

He groans loudly, rolling his eyes even though she can't see. He peppers the length of her throat with soft kisses, mumbling, "Why don't you and I find our own compartment."

"Sounds very romantic," Gwen says sarcastically, causing him to raise his head and stare at her flatly. She smirks and pinches his cheek, teasing, "You're cute when you pretend to be mad at me."

She starts to untangle herself from his arms, laughing more when he whines, "Stop. Stay here!"

"Sorry, Snuffles," She sighs, pinching his side playfully at his glare and biting back a grin when he winces. "The rides almost over and I've been whittling away at Lily's hatred of James."

"How noble of you," He replies, cupping her cheeks and finally pulling her in for a real kiss. He feels like his heart is on fire, burning from her touch. She tastes sweet, like lemon drops and sugarquills. He moans softly and teases her lower lip with his tongue, bells ringing in his head when she opens up to him and flirts with her tongue. She suddenly tears away, far too soon for his liking, and insists,

"I've got to go!"

"Tell them to come to our compartment," Sirius argues, grabbing her hands and pressing a kiss to her wrist that makes her heart beat faster. She hesitates, eyes narrowing playfully.

"Fine," She bites out, disbelieving of the fact that he's just won an argument. The triumphant smirk on her face makes her want to take it back but then he's kissing her again, hard and fast and so sexy she almost wants to take him up on his original offer of a compartment just for the two of them.

He pulls back and mutters, "Bloody Veela. Get out of here before I fuck you against the compartment door."

"Ooo," She says cheekily, biting her lip as she backs away. "Is that a promise?"

Sirius barks out a laugh and waves her away, flushing slightly as he watches her scurry out of sight.

Gwen quickly slides open the door to her compartment, smiling sheepishly at Dorcas, Marlene, and Lily. Dorcas smiles knowingly and asks, "Been off shagging Black?"

"I wish," Gwen replies with a shrugs. Lily nearly turns green while Marlene guffaws. Gwen grins and says, "Come on, ladies. Get up."

Lily frowns as Marlene and Dorcas collect their things, saying slowly, "Don't tell me—"

"Yes, Lils. We're moving compartments. Unless you'd rather I just leave?" Gwen smirks, watching her ginger haired friend battle internally.

"Fine!" Lily cries, tossing up her hands. "But I'm not sitting by Potter."

Gwen laughs and nods, gesturing for them to follow. The girls all make their way down the train car, Dorcas and Marlene hanging towards the back. The brown haired Ravenclaw looks like she has something she desperately wants to say, but just smiles when Marlene ushers her into the compartment.

The Marauders cheer when the girls file in, Lily quickly taking the seat between Remus and Peter. Dorcas frowns, sitting down next to James while Marlene takes the seat on the other side of Lily. Gwen sighs when hands grab her waist and yank her into a lap, her voice disgruntled,

"I'm not a bloody doll, you buffoon."

Sirius just grins, keeping his arm slung loosely around her lap. Lily has already started a conversation with Peter, despite James' obvious sadness. Gwen shifts to see the boy with glasses, her heart clenching at the depression written across his face.