Chapter 104

{{triple because I'm crazy}}

Sirius stares broodingly into his glass of Bungbarrel Spiced Mead.

James and Peter had swiped some from the three broomsticks in an attempt to cheer up their grumpy friend. Sirius had been snappy since his argument with Gwenyth. Seeing yet another Veela murder, let alone the murder of countless muggles and muggleborns had sent him into a tail spin. He'd been brash, angry. He was desperate for her to end whatever it was she was doing with Dumbledore. He had a rather strong and irritating inkling that the Headmaster was going to put his girlfriend in a dangerous position. And it pissed him off. Even more so when Gwen had nonchalantly responded to Sirius and had brushed it aside.

It hurt. Her passiveness had finally hurt him. And he knew it was irrational to be upset with her, she'd always been blasé. But he'd begged. And Sirius Black didn't beg.

He peers around the already crowded common room, smirking slightly as Peter sways in his shoes while talking to a Hufflepuff girl dressed as a ghost. He bites back a laugh when he catches sight of Lily and James dancing crazily on the dance floor, pleased to have found that they were bringing out new sides of each other. James had grown up a bit, and in turn, Lily was learning how to let loose every once in a while.

He couldn't find Gwen however, the whole bloody reason he'd agreed to the red horns balanced on his head. He'd actually thought of their respective costumes, but he'd truly wanted to see her dressed as the devil. She looked good in red. His eyes slowly move around to do another survey of the people and his heart stops beating in his chest.

She may look good in red.

She looks even better in white.

Gwenyth practically glows as her head tips back with a laugh and Sirius soaks in the actions of her, down to the way her fingertips gently grab onto Marlene's arm as she speaks. A white slip clings perfectly to her lithe shape, white wings sprouting delicately from her back. For an angel, she looked oddly like his damnation.

His mouth runs dry when his eyes dance over the way her hair is twisted back from her eyes, a few stands dangling that he desperately wants to wrap around his finger.

When their eyes meet he swears that this is the most anything has ever made sense, seeing her like this. An angel. Because she is heaven, and now he has to believe in it. Sirius' feet are frozen to the ground as she slowly makes her way over to where he's standing. His frustration flares when Gideon and Fabian Prewett stop to chat with her, then Xeno and Pandora. He's close to grabbing his Veela and fleeing the common room, but then she arrives in front of him, smelling so sweet and looking up at him even sweeter.

Sirius gulps, trying to speak first. His mouth won't work. He blinks dumbly when her lips twitch into a shy smile. Gwen takes an audible deep breath and asks nervously, "What do you think?"

"I think I've been waiting for you my whole life."

The frost guarding her pale blue eyes thaws and she reaches out, grabs his hand that isn't holding onto his glass for dear life. He needed something to ground him, because she still made him feel like he was flying. Even when he was mad at her.

She must see what he's thinking, she's always been better at reading him than he is at reading her. Her smile fades slightly and she asks,

"Are you still upset with me?"

She takes a moment to breathe him in. Cigarettes and alcohol and leather from the dark jacket that effortlessly moulds to his broad shoulders. She tries to remember to breathe, to not drool over his dark garb and the playful red horns that poke from beneath his perfectly messy hair. If this was what was waiting for her in hell, so be it.

Sirius finally sighs and caves to his desires, reaching out to twirl a lock of her blonde hair around his finger. He gives a small tug, murmuring, "I'm not upset with you, mon ange. I'm upset that you have to face things I can't protect you from. And I feel like I'm blind to what it is you're doing, what Dumbledore—"

"I'll tell you," She blurts, shuffling closer to him. Sirius' charcoal eyes widen slightly in surprise. She's shy again, embarrassed even if the pinking of her cheeks are to tell him anything. She hesitates before saying quietly, "I can't tell you everything. But I can tell you more. Explain some things. If that's something you'd want."

Sirius releases her hair, his hand coming to rest on her throat to bring her closer to him. Gwen feels dizzy when he bends to brush his lips against hers. It had only been a few days since their argument, but she'd missed this. Missed him. Sirius smiles and she can feel it, not just against her lips, but in her soul. It vibrates and thrums and makes her feel invincible.

"Thank you," He says quietly, his lower lip teasing hers. Gwen nods, leaning up to fully press her lips to his. But he holds her steady, tilts her head up slightly with the bend of his hand between his thumb and pointer finger. He teases, voice playful and eyes glinting with amusement,

"Now tell me you love me."

Gwen laughs, rolling her eyes as she responds quietly, "I love you."

"Good," He hums, leaning in to finally press a warm kiss to her lips. Her heart swells when he mumbles, "I love you too, Inferi."

Gwen reluctantly pulls back, a grin tugging at her lips when Sirius brushes his fingers along the edge of where the wings she's wearing touch her skin. His smile is easy, stress free. And her fears over where they stood melt away. She didn't like arguing with him, being upset with him. So they silently agree to discuss more later, too happy to be able to enjoy the party together to distract from it.

Sirius smirks when his Veela plucks the glass he was holding from his hand and takes a delicate sip. Sirius sighs, his hands itching to pull her hair down from its intricate updo so he can revel in the pearly strands.

"Can we get out of here?"

He's surprised by his question, because he already knows that the answer is no. If he and Gwen left they'd never hear the end of it. Though it still makes him pout when she laughs and shakes her head.

Gwen smiles mischievously at the sight of his disappointed face and teases, "Get me tipsy enough and I might just snog you in the corner."

He perks up almost instantly, grabbing her wrist and pulling her hand with the mead back up to her mouth. Gwen nearly chokes on the drink, laughing too much at the way he eagerly tips the glass for her.

She doesn't have time to recover, because his mouth suddenly reclaims hers, harsh and needy and demanding. She leans into him weak to the taste of him, mead and lingering cigarette smoke. She'd taken to smoking them more the last couple of days, a reminder of him when he was too upset to kiss her. The smoke a gentle brush of a kiss compared to what he was doing now. She whines before she can stop it when his teeth scrape her lips.

He pulls back, looking rather satisfied with her puffy lips and flustered smile. Gwen rolls her eyes and mumbles, "Let's go chat with Remus before I change my mind."

"Change your mind about what, mon ange?" Sirius asks slyly, following his angel and reaching up to straighten his devil horns.

Though maybe she should be dressed as the devil. She's nothing if not a temptress when she says simply,

"Letting you fuck me instead of staying for the party."

His angel, open and honest even in the most absurd times. He loved it. He loves her. Sirius swears loudly at her calm words, earning surprised looks from party goers, but only a beautiful laugh from Gwen as she leads them forward. He smiles slightly.

He'd follow her anywhere.