Chapter 99

"Shouldn't you be helping Lily?"

Gwen looks up at Peter's question and quirks a brow, replying simply. "No."

He smiles at her flat response, tilting his head to the side. Gwen sighs at his unvoiced question and explains, "Marlene and Dorcas are helping. I was kicked out."

Remus peers at her confusedly over his book. Gwen flushes slightly and admits, "She asked me if yellow looked bad with her hair and I said yes. Apparently I'm not supposed to be honest in these situations."

Gwen hadn't meant it in a bad way, just that between the yellow sweater and the maroon one, the maroon looked better. Marlene had laughed and nearly been kicked out herself.

Peter grins and says truthfully, "Ninnie, I find your honesty refreshing."

"Thank you, Pete," She says warmly, her face passive as begins to read her magazine. "Sirius says it's a turn on."

Remus snickers and shakes his head, knowing how Sirius would react to her spilling more of their secrets. He can't help but find it amusing. Especially when James encourages it.

"You're honesty is a turn on?" Peter asks for clarification, biting back a laugh when the Veela doesn't look up, just answers, "Yes amongst other thing. He quite likes—"

Her words are muffled by a warm hand pressing against her lips. She smirks and sticks out her tongue, biting back a laugh when Sirius grunts and wipes his hand on her shoulder, "Gross, Inferi."

"It probably turned you on," Gwen says cheekily, looking up to meet his grey eyes. She smiles at the mirth and affection, watching him round the back of the couch and plop down on her lap. She grimaces at the sudden weight, shifting to get more comfortable.

"You're sitting on my magazine," Gwen points out, biting back a smile as he wriggles around to get comfortable. He sighs dramatically and says, "Ninnie, you're legs are not very cozy."

"You seem to like my legs—" She trails off when he sends her a warning look, biting down on the inside of her cheek. But she waggles her brows and Sirius grins, muttering, "Feeling frisky today?"

"Around you?" She asks, voice filled with mirth. "Always."

It was true, not that she would likely admit it without joking. She'd been wanting for him, craving for him. But they hadn't had a moment alone, especially since the quidditch win the day before. Every time they'd get a chance to settle down, melt into each other, someone would interrupt to congratulate Sirius on Gryffindor's first win of the season.

Sirius barks out a laugh before catching her lips in a gentle kiss. He pulls away reluctantly, smiling when James suddenly joins the rest of the Marauders and the Veela, an apprehensive look on his face.

Gwen's eyes soften and Sirius nearly melts. He wasn't sure he'd ever find someone that loved his friends as much as he did. Gwen did. She understood. She understood how much friends could be like family. So he sits quietly and watches her stretch over the arm of the chair to grab James' hand.

"You're going to do great, love," Gwen encourages, giving him an encouraging squeeze. James smiles timidly, hesitating before asking, "Really?"

"Of course!" Gwen replies before continuing firmly, "Just be yourself. I swear that she's just as nervous as you are. You best get going though if you want to beat her to the courtyard."

James nods and stands, grinning when Gwen gestures for him to come closer. If it were anyone else, Sirius would be pissed when she pecks his friends cheek. Instead he offers James a cheeky grin and teases, "Go get your girl, Prongs. And if anything goes wrong, Gwen will kick Evans' arse."