Chapter 155

{{this one is a bit longer—I hope you guys like it! No angry sex....yet ;) }}

Gwen can't help her confusion when she walks through the door to her dorm and finds Dorcas Meadows inside instead of a sexy Gryffindor.

Her brows furrow and she wonders vaguely, "Has Sirius been by?"

Dorcas looks up from her book, her eyes growing round behind her reading glasses. She quickly lifts them up to rest on her head, and Gwen instantly knows something is wrong because her friend starts fiddling with her fingers instead of speaking.

Gwen sighs and asks, "What is it, Dor?"

Her friend smiles sheepishly and scratches her neck, clearly fighting for the right words before blurting out, "He's locked himself up in his dorm!"

Gwen tilts her head to the side, waiting for further explanation. Dorcas groans and hides her face behind her hands, mumbling awkwardly, "Um...I-I was in the common room with Marlene...and he stormed in looking rather upset."

"He shouldn't be upset," Gwen says confusedly. "I was just about to shag him—"

"Okay!!!" Dorcas interrupts, slapping her hands over her ears. Gwen blinks at her, still not understanding the problem. Dorcas stares in disbelief when her friend wordlessly turns and begins to walk out of the dorm.

"Gwen!" She balks, scrambling from her bed, "Perhaps you shouldn't—"

"Shouldn't see what he's upset about? These things have a way of getting worse the longer they go on, Dor."

She can't refute the Veela's words, so despite the beckoning call of her warm bed and thrilling book, Dorcas Meadows finds herself following after Gwenyth Whitlock.

The dark haired Ravenclaw watches in awe when the portrait of the fat lady merely swings open upon the sight of Gwen, though not before Dorcas and the painting share a worried look.

Gwen says a warm thank you before climbing through, her feet carrying her to the foot of the dorm stairs. She calls over her shoulder as she begins to climb, "I'll be right back, Dorcas. Please try to remain clothed in my absence, I know how you and Marlene—"

"Okay!" Dorcas hurriedly cries out, embarrassed and amused by her friend's nonchalant musings. Gwen smiles at the sight she happens upon when she makes it to the top of the stairs.

James is standing like a suit of armor, arms crossed behind him, posture stiff and shoulders set back. He squares his feet when Gwen appears, staring over her head and saying firmly, "No loitering."

Her smile grows, the dimple in her cheek deepening as she fights back laughter. She clears her throat before saying calmly, "Hello, love."

James visibly softens for a brief moment at her words, eyes flickering down to his veela friend. But then he purses his lips and straightens up again, insisting with a slightly gentler tone, "No visitors tonight, love."

Gwen blinks, tilting her head to the side and asking plaintively, "How about a riddle? If you get it right I'll go away."

James frowns slightly, knowing all too well that she would give him one that was hard. But he couldn't resist the challenge, his head bobbing up and down before he can stop it.

The Veela rubs her hands together excitedly, eyes glinting and her smile contagious as she states, "This belongs to you, but everyone else uses it."

James' face screws up in disappointment, his hands flying to rake through his hair as he thinks. He stares down at the patient Veela, a strained noise leaving him before a begs, "A hint! Please!"