Chapter 2.4

Hope and Kayla walked inside the Salvatore School

Hope and Kayla walked inside the Salvatore School. Hope's ankle was healed and Kayla no longer felt that ghost pain. The two of them pushed the thought aside but knew they had to, at some point discuss it.

As soon as they walked inside the first room, Kayla took a deep breath, feeling the magic crawling from the walls, the floor and every object in it, closing her eyes.

"Home, sweet home" Kayla sing sang quietly as her shoes began to glow as she siphoned from the school. Her muscles relaxed and she just noticed how tensed she had been without no magic in her veins.

Kayla had felt empty. She felt a void within her that was being filled with the school magic. She frowned, a red flag blaring in her mind. She had never felt that kind of emptiness before. She had never craved for magic that way. She had never felt so lonely. So empty.

"Coming?" Hope broke Kayla out of her thoughts, realizing her best friend had stopped walking. She was still siphoning but stopped the moment she looked at Hope.

Hope frowned slightly, getting even more concerned about Kayla's state.

"Yup" Kayla said quickly, jogging to her side as they climbed the stairs, "Just, for a moment I thought the school had changed. It looks exactly the same as the first day I arrived"

Hope gave a slight smile at the thought as they walked down a hallway, "Oh? You mean the day you threw me against the stairs with magic?"

Kayla rolled her eyes, chuckling "Partially, yeah. I never apologized for that, didn't I?"

"No" Hope said as they reached their destination. Rafael and Landon's room. "Apology accepted though"

"Who said I was going to apologize, Mikaelson?" Kayla asked, furrowing her brow. Hope gave her a look, sighing. Kayla shrugged with her arms. "Don't give me that look. I thought you all deserved it"

"And here I am waiting for that twisted reason as to why we deserved to be attacked that way" Hope sing sang.

Kayla didn't answer, shrugging. "Keep waiting then" Hope sighed, shaking her head in amusement, walking toward Landon's bed. There was a jacket she took with a nostalgic smile, seeing a guitar and sighing softly. Kayla leaned forward over her shoulder to watch what she was doing, annoyed. "Stop creeping around his stuff. What? You're going to steal his underwear now to sniff him to remember him?"

Hope's cheeks flushed, giving her friend a glare, "Kayla. What the hell?"

Kayla smirked, grabbing the jacket from Hope's hands. "Focus then. We're here for a reason"

Kayla threw Landon's jacket back to his bed.

Hope took a deep breath, relieved her face no longer felt warm of embarrassment. "You're right. Sorry. Sorry. I'm focused"

Kayla laughed slightly, joining Hope as they searched through Rafael's things. They collected a change of clothes, putting them on Hope's bag where she stored the crossbow Alaric gave to Kayla. They sat crisscross on the floor in front of each of other while they prepared for the spell to bring Wolfboy back to being human.