Chapter 2.10

I COULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT YOU

Hope too was convinced to get back to the school.

Our start over.

She could say this was simple. That this was a way to put the past behind you, take what you learned and begin again.

Not me.

Not when my past was thrown in the face of everyone at the school. When all they could see was what I feared. That they'd see me like a monster, like my dad had been.

Parker.

A name shared with Josie and Lizzie but with less horror. People put two and two easily.

'Whose her father? Oh, look she has the emotional capability of a teaspoon. It must be the sociopath Kai'.

This is what I would have liked to avoid. The stares. The fear.

I mean... I did like the way people would stay away from me, but that was because I alone inspired that vibe of 'get out of my way', not because of who my dad was.

And again. Being related to Kai Parker has screwed my life.

What's that for starting over, huh Santa?

Fuck you.

~8~

That wasn't the only thing that changed.

The whole school felt like it changed. Kayla couldn't find a single classroom where it was supposed to be, and she didn't want to ask Alaric (who she still was avoiding like the plague) or Hope.

Hope who apparently had a new roommate.

An issue Kayla wasn't going through because no one had wanted to be in the same room as Penelope. It made her smirk because yes, bitch. The Satan reputation still remained and no one wanted to accidentally get caught in a possible hex she may or not may left in the room.

For once, - technically twice - Kayla had a single room since she arrived at the school.

As she tried to find her classroom, eyes locked on the schedule, a brunette girl who reeked too much of perfume walked closer from behind Kayla.

"The spell room is on the next hallway"

Kayla stopped walking, turning around to face her, "Alyssa, aren't you supposed to be in class?"

Alyssa Chang, Hope's new roommate.

"Bathroom break" Alyssa replied, walking closer and peering down at the girl's schedule. "So are you and you seem lost, thought I could give you a hand"

Kayla raised a suspicious eyebrow. "Really? No hidden agenda?"

Alyssa smiled a little. "No, Kayla. I'm just being friendly. Unlike everyone else" Kayla looked away, sighing. "Us, misunderstood girls must stick together, right?"