Chapter 12

"THERE'S A MUMMY ON MAIN STREET"

Hope and Kayla were sitting on the common room, sipping a coffee, watching the other students talking about Spring Break, looking at each other, rolling their eyes.

"So, Penelope's actually leaving?" Hope asked.

Kayla nodded, "Yes, my slug infected brain didn't give it too much thought but now I am sober, that makes me sad. I know you don't like her or the twins, but she's my friend. She got to know things about me Alaric nor you knew about it when i first got here. In a way, she was my rock the first months on the school" Hope nodded in understanding, glad that Kayla had someone like that after losing her entire family. She understood what that felt like. She had Alaric. Kayla had Penelope. "I'm gonna miss her"

"I know you will" Hope told her.

Kayla smiled slightly

~8~

"You're going where?" Hope and Kayla asked in unison, staring at Alaric.

The last few days, after the slug infection plague, Alaric had been infected too and threw the urn to the river. Since then, Dorian had been looking the entire river for it, but it was possible the urn had been swept by it with the water current. And small insects plagues had been occurring the last few days in the river's path. Most likely, it was a monster following the urn's trail where it fell in a dam -the end of the river- and most likely to be stuck in there.

Their job was to take the urn back, saving the people from the town close by from the monster after the urn. Maple Hollows seemed to be targeted town they had to go to for the urn.

The plus side was that the urn hunting trip was a nice spring break vacation both girls didn't want to miss either.

A break from the school was really needed.

Hope and Kayla looked at each other, raising their eyebrows, nodding. "We're going"

Alaric gave them a look.

"Should be fun, right?" Kayla asked innocently, tilting her head. "The more, the merrier"

Hope pointed at her, "Don't jinx it"

~8~

"Told you not to jinx it" Hope murmured, arms crossed.

Not only Hope, Dorian and Alaric were going. Also the twins, Emma and for some reason Kaleb was going too. Alaric was driving a van, Kaleb was in the passenger seat. The four girls, Josie, Hope, Kayla and Lizzie were sitting behind them. Josie behind Kaleb, Lizzie behind Alaric and Hope and Kayla in the middle with Dorian and Emma in the back.