Chapter 2.9

"THIS CHRISTMAS WAS SURPRISINGLY VIOLENT"

It was snowing.

Kayla could only stare through the window of her room as the students laughed and played in the snow. A expression of slight disgust was in her face.

She still felt a little sore and tired from being almost killed the night before that she had refused going with Hope to gloat to Clarke about his fate.

The door was opened from behind her and MG walked in, wearing an ugly Christmas sweater, carrying a box of stuff.

Her things.

Alaric didn't throw them nor burned them.

Her family grimoire had to be there too then.

MG had on a grin in his face as he put the box on the bed, turning to face her, opening his mouth.

Kayla pointed at him, warningly. "If you're here to tell me to cheer up because this is Christmas, I'm going to fry your little peanut brain"

MG closed his mouth.

He wouldn't have been the first one this morning to show to her room, telling her to join them in the festivities.

Something was very, very wrong here.

"I wasn't going to say that" MG told her, innocently. "But you need something to eat"

Kayla deadpanned. "Get the hell outta here, Milton"

A slight kicked puppy expression appeared on MG's face which was gone as fast as it came. "Okay. I'm leaving" he backed away, hands up in innocence "But uh, brought your stuff back. Was left in the storage room because we thought it was Penelope's and we were going to send them to her later. Suppose works as a Christmas gift for you-"

A whoosh and suddenly he was gone because Kayla raised a hand to his direction.

"Yeah, I thought so" Kayla murmured under her breath, lowering her hand.

It was then when Hope walked in. "Kayla?"

"If you're here to tell me merry Christmas or whatever, I'm stabbing myself so you can feel it" Kayla warned.

"Oh, it's you" Hope said in relief, jogging close to her best friend and bringing her to a hug. Kayla blinked, confused. "You have no idea how many times I would have shot myself if you were creepily happy like everyone else, outside"

"I've never liked Christmas" Kayla stated, shrugging, pulling away, holding Hope at arms' length. "Makes sense why the monster of Christmas didn't affect me"

Hope's lips pursed slightly, sympathetic. She understood why she herself didn't like Christmas, but she couldn't understand truly why Kayla didn't. She seemed to despise it, the foreign feeling creeping through their link. Lately, it was easier to detect to who belonged the feelings they would feel.