Chapter 2.1

"I'LL NEVER GIVE UP HOPE"

There's no way how many time had passed since she first felt the loneliness and darkness that place carried.

Malivore was as dark and gloom as it had been described. 

For a little while, Kayla did not care for the silence. Since that year began, there had been not a moment of quiet, however that calmness didn't last.

So much silence was doing something to her, she felt antsy and paranoid, waiting all the time for someone to sneak upon her or attack her, do something dark enough so she could have an excuse to hate Malivore.

Because Kayla did not hate that place.

The thought made her freak out. She didn't know how to explain the feeling the place gave her. It felt familiar, it felt like there was no longer people judging her for who she was, for other's action.

She finally felt like she could be herself. The Kayla who did not try so hard for people to like her by being someone who she wasn't. Someone who had to hide under an image of what people wanted to see of her.

Malivore was freedom. Sure, she was alone, Hope her rock was not there to keep her sane but was she really her friend? Was Hope truly someone to rely on? She had told Kayla to not let the darkness in. Did she know Kayla had darkness in her before Malivore but always pushed it aside? Did she know the struggle it'd be for someone who has faced and experienced darkness first hand? One who hadn't experienced conditional love from her family like Hope had.

"Maybe Hope wasn't a true friend at all" Kayla mused to herself out loud as she laid on the floor, surrounded by Malivore's darkness, her hair was sprawled around her head in a halo and her arms and legs were spread as far as she could from her body. She seemed relaxed and peaceful as she stared at the endless black void above her. "Maybe I don't have friends at all. Who needs them, anyway? I'm fine by my own, am I not?" Her question remained unanswered making her chuckle. "Right, right. I forgot. You're the big baddie who doesn't have the decency to chat with the abominations you eat and erase from existence" She paused slightly, a curious and grossed out expression covered her face "You ate us. Is this your stomach? Wait. Don't answer that though I know you won't. I don't know why I even asked, to be honest. I don't want to know.... But, is it weird to want to ask how I tasted? Is defective witch slash loophole tribid a good taste? Or, like do you even have taste buds?"

While Kayla kept rambling nonsense nonstop, the sound of her voice guided a familiar tribid into view, looking around, trying to get rid of the nuisance stalking after her, telling her of hers and Kayla's attempts to destroy Malivore were in vain. She did not want to think of that.

Hope slowed down, seeing a figure laying on the floor, interrupting Clarke from talking "Kay?"

Kayla lazily turned her head toward the source of someone saying her name "So, you do know my name. Good to know. Can you now answer my question?"