Chapter 3

'WE'RE BEING PUNKED, PEDRO'

Kayla was at her witches' class, all the witches were sitting in the floor in a circle, holding hands as Dorian was the one instructing the class, "All right, gather together" Dorian walked outside the circle, instructing them on the group assignment "Chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch" He stopped, looking around as if realizing someone was missing "Where's Penelope Park?"

Elizabeth Saltzman, Lizzie, Kayla's cousin smirked before making a snarky comment "Um, lady cramps, Mr. Williams"

Kayla rolled her eyes, unamused. Out of the twins, Lizzie was the one who gave her more of a headache.

"Sorry I asked" Dorian said, an expression of discomfort in his face "A disharmonious group makes for an uneven flow. Okay..." Suddenly a piece of parchment materialized above their heads falling into his hands, interrupting him from his lecture.

"Uh-uh" Josie commented, recognizing the cursive script on the page, realizing it was a summoning "Who's in trouble with the headmaster?"

Kayla smiled sarcastically, giving the twins an amused look, "Probably the people who started a rumble with the local high school"

Kayla had never cared for the flag football they played since she got to the school almost two years ago, specially since it involved an annual competence with Mystic Falls' high school where they had to lose according to Penelope as everyone believed their school was for the rich and avoiding exposure of the supernatural, they had to lose.

The last game that took place while she was with Hope and Alaric looking for Landon, the school had lost the game as agreed, however they began a fight with the local high school. 

Lizzie glared at the other witch, someone who just as Penelope she hated.

Dorian opened the note, reading out loud, "Lizzie Saltzman, Josie Saltzman..." He looked at Kayla and Hope, raising his eyebrows at them, "And plus you makes four. Off you go"

Josie, Lizzie and Hope exchanged confused and concerned looks, standing up to leave.

Kayla took her time, seeming uninterested, all the while holding an unconcerned expression as she followed the girls out of the classroom. Only once she was outside and neither of the other three were paying attention to her, Kayla slowed down, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, a brief flash of worry crossing her face before she took on a bored expression, following the girls.

~8~

The girls were now at the library, following Alaric around the room, watching him collect relevant books off the shelves while they demanded answers for what he just told them. None of them happy about what they were being forced to do.