Chapter 2.12

N/A: I had a super writer's block with this one, but I knew I had to to through it because well, what everyone, including myself had been waiting for is close and I can't just stop before we reach Dad Kai.

This chapter was difficult to write bc Kay is 'ew, love', so probably it's not the best I've written but I did the attempt, and the chapter worked itself up, turning the way it did.

It probably sucks, my mind says it does but, it doesn't go against the personality I crafted for Kayla so I think it sucks a little less?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy because it was a pain to write.

Thank you for reading.

"WHAT CUPID PROBLEM?"

The search of how to get her family back was not going well.

Kayla was starting to stop caring.

I mean, did she care that they were locked up? Yes, of course. But they weren't alone. They had each other.

They could handle it, right?

It's not like they were locked up with a psychopath....

Well...

Okay. Maybe she should keep worrying.

The ascendant they had found wasn't the real one. Alyssa had hidden it somewhere. And she was locked up, until she told them the truth.

Kayla had already told Hope Alyssa wouldn't talk. Mean girls like her didn't.

And so she didn't bother trying.

She was jogging through the woods of the school to clear her head when she heard a bit of a commotion.

And a very familiar cry of help.

"Oh, birdie boy" Kayla snickered in amusement, slowing down and changing her path, taking her time into running to Landon's rescue.

She came across a dude with wings, standing with an arrow pointed at Landon who was struggling to get up.

"No, no, don't-don't shoot!" Landon cried on the floor, raising his hands in surrender.

The man didn't listen to him, shooting the arrow which Kayla stopped mid air with Hope's werewolf reflexes, smiling pleasantly.

Landon looked up at her in shock. She saved him? Didn't she hate him?

The winged man stood up, straightening.

Kayla tilted her head, bored "And now, what type of trash Malivore sent out to nap your ass, birdoy?"

Landon stood panting, shoulder to shoulder with Kayla as they stared at the new monster.