Chapter 2.8

A/N:

I don't like this chapter.

So beforehand, I apologize for Kayla's behavior through the entire chapter.

I had a block through half of it because I didn't know what to do with her, but somehow found a way and I'm not sure if I like it.

But, she believes she's hilarious, so I hope you enjoy this chapter.

"IT WILL ALL BE PAINFULLY CLEAR SOON ENOUGH "

Everyone remembered them.

Goodbye to her cleanslate.

Goodbye to the new Kayla. And hello to the old one.

At least, if people now knew who she was, they just wouldn't see her dad. They would see her.

Something good had to come out from the whole mess. But, she wasn't sure if Hope felt the same way.

Landon who was with Josie. Landon who seemed happy with Josie now remembered the 'love of his life'.

"You guys never broke up" Was with how Kayla broke the silence that morning as they sat on a bench, watching the Malivore Portal.

Hope lowered the prysm she had used to conjure Landon, the projection of the guy fading away. "What?"

"You and Landon" Kayla clarified. Hope winced. "When I snapped his neck and we jumped to Malivore. You never broke up with him. So, technically you're still a couple"

"He's with Josie" Hope reminded in a small voice.

"You could go Poly" Kayla suggested. "I thought you had a crush on Jo once upon a time?"

Hope snapped her head to her best friend, widening slightly her eyes. "How do you know that?"

Kayla smiled mischievously. "I may or not may have peeked in your head when you and Lizzie were talking about your secrets to get rid of the Croatoan"

Hope rolled her eyes, sighing. "You're insensitive" Kayla beamed as if that was a compliment. "Don't smile. I'm not being nice to you"

"But I'm distracting you, baby" Kayla said slyly.

Hope paused as she realized that. She had stopped thinking about what was making her sad momentarily.

While a bitch, Kayla could be a good friend.

Hope smiled slightly, only for it to fade when she noticed Lizzie walking closer with a reluctant Josie behind.

"Reporting for portal duty!" Lizzie announced, cheerfully. She gestured at her twin who gave the two girls an awkward smile. "I brought backup"