Chapter 3.6

"Hold on Tight"

"Hold on Tight"

That day started very weird for Kayla.

It got Kayla and Hope speaking seriously that morning after Landon surprised the tribid with an anniversary pancake breakfast. The siphoner definitely grossed out at the graphic thought that appeared through their linked minds.

That was definitely going to be a problem through the day, so Hope pleaded for her friend to tune her out completely that day.

Easier said that done.

Hope spent a couple of hours after telling Landon she'll get ready for their day with Kayla, both girls brainstorming ideas into a spell to stop their linking spell to keep growing.

Trying to get rid of it once, it made it grow. They were magically becoming one which is what the whole point of the spell was in the first place. But they were still their own person and wouldn't let magic screw that up.

They managed to cook something up after reading through Kayla's family grimoire about the spell and with Kayla's skill to invent spells.

They just hoped it worked and for the day they kept each other out of their minds and sensations through the day.

~8~

"Never a dull day in the life of a Salvatore Student"

Kayla's remark was met with small choruses of agreements as Alaric gathered everyone after casting an echoing an alarm through the entire school to meet him outside the school gates.

"Necromancer has made his move, and the entire student body is in that high school with him" Alaric spoke to the crowd of his students, all of them he watched grow into the people they are now. Potential heroes. "So the question my daughter asked me earlier is one I put to you now: What are we gonna do?" silence followed the question momentarily. Kayla watched everyone looking at each other with slight apprehension or fear, her face was carefully blank as she stood next to Lizzie who stood next to her twin, glancing towards Hope and Landon who were forced to slightly postpone their date day. "I have a plan. In the past, I would have kept it from you. You know, I built this school to protect you and your gifts from a world that understands neither, but the way I see it..." he trailed off momentarily, looking at every one of the students he vowed to protect, sighing softly, "-you're the world's only shot now"

"All right, enough with the speech" Hope spoke, walking forward, hands clasped in front of her. It was weird not hearing any sarcastic comment from her friend in her head, even though they both knew they wouldn't back out from this, "I'm in"

They knew each other so well by now, spell or not spell that Hope wasn't surprised when Kayla took her spot next to Hope, her arms crossed under her chest.

Alaric looked between the two girls, whispering through his teeth, "Et tu, Kayla?" said girl shrugged with a mocking grin playing in her lips, "Well, neither of you have even heard the plan"