Chapter 2.6

"SCREW ENDGAME"

"SCREW ENDGAME"

At least something good came out from playing with dark magic.

Kayla was still suspicious about whatever the hell was that hourglass but for the first time ever since she left Malivore, she felt...

Better.

No more whispering in her head. No more dark thoughts. It was as if the hourglass took every inch of darkness that had been in her head.

She didn't like it.

Kayla without her darkness was not Kayla.

So, she made it possible to act bitchier than usual which made Hope both, frustrated and amused because her best friend was trying hard to be mean, and she knew she wasn't being genuine about it.

But if being mean also got her to focus on the pool of Malivore goo in front of them, Hope couldn't complain.

They had taken shifts since the Oni Demon led them to it.

Hope was doing sit-ups, hands behind her head as she kept her eyes on the portal.

Kayla walked from behind her, handing her a milkshake.

Her favorite, Hope noted.

"Shut up" Kayla said, noticing Hope's expression, sipping her own milkshake.

Hope chuckled, sipping at her milkshake "I didn't say anything"

"You don't need to" Kayla replied. "It's written all over your face. And I don't want you bitching around all morning that I got you the wrong flavor or something. That'll be annoying"

Hope hummed, not believing that but didn't say it.

"Hope Andrea Mikaelson" They heard a voice say from behind them "Mikayla Rivers Parker"

Said girls widened their eyes at each other in shock, turning around to face Lizzie fucking Saltzman walk closer from behind them.

Hope scattered to her feet, staring at the blonde in shock.

"What?" they voiced in sync.

Lizzie made a face. "Ugh, of course you two also have that creepy twinie thing" she rolled her eyes. "But it's official. I remember everything" Hope and Kayla exchanged a look, turning to Lizzie. "When I woke up from that spell Josie blasted me with, you two popped into my messed-up brain like an acid flashback"

"How?" Hope asked incredulously. Lizzie crossed her arms, smugly "You are literally the only person on the planet who knows that we exist"

Hope tried to hug Lizzie.

Kayla made a face but couldn't hide the shock in her face either.

Lizzie raised her arms to stop Hope from getting a hug. "Epic former frenemy reunion is gonna have to wait. We have bigger drama" Hope dropped her arms. Kayla didn't have to tune in to their link to see Hope was a bit disappointed by that, snickering under her breath. Lizzie sounded grossed out when she forced the next "Josie and Landon are having sex tonight"