Chapter 2.16

N/A:
Because Kai was saved instead of letting him die in that anticlimactic way, there's going to be a few changes. This is where kinda differs from the show, just a little though.

Kai is fun!

It'd be interesting to see him (finally?) act like a father - if only for a couple of seconds -.

I know it takes me sometimes too long to write but I do what I can, my job is very demanding and tiring but whenever I don't feel that tired and I'm inspired, I get to write little by little until I have a chapter finished.

Currently, it's 3 am. I had a burst of inspiration so here I am.

Sometimes I don't like how the story is coming out, but I get too lazy to rewrite it specially if I already did it. These kind of chapters make me a bit self conscious but I try to capture the essence of these characters. I hope you enjoy.

And I apologize if something sucks. :)

"THERE'S A PLACE WHERE THE LOST THINGS GO"

When Kai opened his eyes, he realized he wasn't anymore at that warehouse.

He slowly stood in a sitting position from where he was lying on the floor "This is new"

As he looked around at what seemed a motel room, the crinkle of paper moving and munching was heard from behind him.

Kai turned his head away to the sound, only to come across a content Kayla sitting crisscrossed on the bed, a bag of what seemed a familiar bag of chips in her hands which she was munching on.

His daughter seemed to notice his gaze on her, looking up. "Pork rind?"

Kai had a sense of deja vu as she picked the bag, offering it to him. Hadn't he done and asked that same thing to Damon Salvatore once?

"Sure" Kai shrugged, because why not. He reached out to grab one, hand stopping mid way, looking up at her, squinting his eyes.

"It's not poisoned" Kayla reassured amused. "Vervain tastes like shit to put in a perfectly good snack"

It was not that why Kai stopped. It was because she was acting like a young him when he first met Bon-Bon and Damon. When he wasn't that screwed up yet.

It was a very different change from the grumpy pants spawn he met hours ago.

There was something different about her he couldn't quite place yet.