Chapter 1

'THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU RUN'

'When we're young, we're taught the distinction between a hero and a villain, good and evil, a savior and a lost cause. But what if the only real difference is just who's telling the story? My name is Kayla Rivers -Parker if you are worthy enough to be close to me. I come from a line of powerful Gemini Witches who are ruled by a powerful witch. I am daughter of a brief ruler of the Gemini Coven before he used his status of leader to kill everyone by just stabbing himself in the neck. His tale is something I shouldn't have been proud of, but when that's the only thing you know your father as, you come to cherish those memories. You learn to live up to that image. Which is what everyone actually see you as. Like I see the headmaster of this school sees me as. The psycho daughter of the psycho murderer of his children's mother. Yet, I wonder why he keeps me here. Why he still tries to help me at this school, why he keeps me close to his daughters, my cousins and without telling them the truth. He has a good heart. I don't.

But I can see where he's coming from. He thinks he can help everyone. And I believe he can't. Which is why, the school will be opening its doors to someone new, someone who shouldn't be here.

Kayla was sitting in the common room, reading a book. All the students around her were not bothering which made her day very relaxed and she was glad for it. Or she was until a girl sat next to her.

Hope Mikaelson opened her mouth to talk but before she could, Kayla spoke first

"Not interested in your drama, Mikaelson" Kayla told her without looking up from her book

Hope tilted her head aside "There's a human in the school"

"Not interested" Kayla repeated

"He can't be compelled" Hope continued. Kayla looked up briefly. Hope smiled in victory "He's locked up on the wolves cellars"

"He probably drank some vervain" Kayla told her "You know how Sheriff is. Poisoning the humans so vampires can't lay their sharpy ugly teeth on them"

"And I know him" Hope sighed. That's what brought Kayla looking up from her book. "The guy I told you I used to meet at the Grill?"

"The busboy?" Kayla questioned "Told you he was going to be trouble"

Hope stood, "Care to join me?" Kayla returned to her book wordlessly. Hope rolled her eyes "I don't know why I bother"

Hope walked away

Kayla sighed, looking up. "Neither do I"