54

AURORA'S POV

Pushing the door loudly I stormed the room, "guess what people, we're...."

Cora frowned. Well this is unexpected.

I tilted my head in confusion, not sure what to do with the sight before me. I mean they told me they were training.

Yeah me neither. I mean I understand what they're doing but why exactly are they doing this? Cause I'm not sure what this is about. Cora asked as confused as I am.

Stepping further into the room I shut the door loudly but they just raised their head and went back, still engrossed "Ummm guys, what's going on?"

Mary waved at me, "it's nothing, we're just practicing for the real deal".

I tilted my head in confusion, "what real deal?"

Dave stopped, wiping his face with a towel, while throwing a chip in his mouth "the real deal is the actual fight of course".

I sat on the bed beside them, "I am genuinely confused. How the hell is playing chess a way of fight preparation? You guys said you were training".

"They said you spent the last half-hour before your spar with Theo and Rex, playing chess and we all know that you defeated Theo and Rex", Kassandra said as she flopped on the bed.

Dave snorted "more like kicked their sorry asses"

"She was also the undefeated champion in chess" Neil piqued.

I looked at my friends, "So you guys have been in here all day, playing chess?".  They nodded again.

"I haven't even won a single game" Kassandra pouted laying on the bed.

Dave patted her leg, "There There. We're on the same boat".

"But how's a game of chess supposed to help you?". I asked confused.

Kassandra tilted her head "Isn't it obvious". I shook my head.

Neil chuckled "duh, we are playing so we can win the fight, just the way you played and won your spar".

"Ooooh. Now I get it". I laid on the bed beside Kassandra. "Although it wasn't the chess game that made me win".

Their heads snapped to me.

Rolling my eyes I smirked at them "I already knew I would defeat Theo. I just needed to get you guys to stop worrying".

"You sound like you had it planned" Kassandra mumbled.

"Actually I didn't. I didn't even know Rex would go as far asking for a spar. But other things I did were planned".

Dave snapped his fingers "hold up you mean the growl, the worse fear thingy, the hacking of cameras and the others were all planned and executed by you?".

"Yep. It was all me"

Mary gaped at me "does it mean you were the one who took Luke too?".

I nodded with a mischievous grin, "dumbass and stupid werewolf of a Luke. But I didn't link you guys with the worse fear thing though"

Kassandra smiled "Cause they're your friends". I nodded.

"I'm glad we are friends, I don't think I could have handled the worse fear syndrome" Dave huffed.

Kassandra fell back on the bed, "it's a good thing I haven't gotten on your bad side. And I most certainly didn't want to".

I patted her leg chuckling, "since we're on the same page, I'm pretty sure you won't get on my bad side".