5) Saving the Day

Francesca nervously waited backstage ready for her first appearance at the Expo as the new CEO of Stark Industries

"Ok. We are ready" one of the backstage crew members whispered pushing her forward. She weakly smiled before walking confidently on stage. The crowd cheered and she waved regally as she walked to the podium.

"Welcome. Since taking the active role of CEO of Stark Industries from my brother, I've pondered on what I would discuss at the expo when the time came. Tonight, I'd like highlight the future of Stark Industries, including my intentions and projects that are in the works" Francesca began. Just as she was about to continue Justin Hammer walked onto the stage interrupting her speech. She looked around hoping someone from backstage would step forward and sort it out.

"Bravo, bravo. Now let's talking about something exciting shall we?" Justin asked. The crowd bursted into cheers and excited screams. Francesca turned around quite confused with what was going on. Suddenly iron suits similar to Tony's lifted from under the stage floor, each platform hosting different looking suits that represented the different types of army.

"This here is the future of America, no longer will we require Ironman to save us" Justin announced. The crowd cheered quite loudly as something walked onto stage. A live version of the suits stood in front of her. The suit was tall, bulky and extremely intimidating.

"Okay thank you Hammer, back to Stark Industries" Francesca began trying to finish off her speech. The crowd was clearly enthralled with the robots on stage.

Ironman suddenly landed on stage causing more confusion for Francesca. The iron suits on stage began to shoot bullets at her brother. She ducted down, shielding herself from the glass before running off stage. Hogan came running out from backstage to make sure she was okay.

"You good boss?" he asked wrapping a protective arm around her.

"Fine. Thank you" Francesca said. Pepper and Natalie rushed backstage meeting Francesca.

"Did you know about this?" Francesca asked the two. Both shook their heads no.

"Hey, what's going on?" Justin asked loudly. He was also confused as to what had taken place. Natalie rushed over pinning him to the table. Her forcefully behavior interrogated the answer out of Justin. It was then the three learned that Ivan Vanko was working for Hammer and had overwritten the system, trying to kill Ironman. Natalie rushed off with Hogan to Hammer's warehouse to track Vanko down while Pepper and Francesca stayed behind.

"Move please" Francesca yelled pushing the man out of the way and sliding into the chair trying to rewrite the codes. She was far from an expert in coding and computer science but figured it was worth a shot.

"Can you do it?" Pepper asked looming over her shoulder.

"I don't know. Just give me a minute" Francesca said feeling extremely pressured. Suddenly the system was overridden by itself and Colonel Rhodes had full control of his own suit. The two watched as Tony and James took down all the incoming bots and drones.

"Great" Pepper said relieved. Francesca let out a breath, falling backwards onto the chair.

The two walked out to the front of the expo center to find the NYPD outside evacuating the area.

"Are you coming with us?" One of the cops asked. Pepper shook her head following in suit.

"I'll stay until everyone is gone" Francesca said feeling responsible to stay behind. After all it was the company's own expo. She watched them walk away before walking back inside to find a red glowing light, blinking and beeping. She slowly stepped forward, weary of what it could be. Francesca was about a foot away from it, slowly reaching her hand out when she stopped midway.

A loud rocket like sound flew right towards her. "Don't" a voice yelled. Before she could mutter anything her body was lifted off the ground. She clenched her eyes tightly closed, only opening them after her feet had touched the ground again. She flinched at the sound of bombs going off everywhere.

"You're safe" Tony reassured her. She straightened out her skirt looking around.

"Thank you" she muttered giving him a smile.

"Ha, saving you again. It's seems to be routine" Tony joked mocking on her response to helping him with the new element.

"Tony" Francesca said about to reveal her secret to him. Unfortunately the two were interrupted by Rhodes.

"You were saying?" Tony asked.

"I think I need a pay raise. I didn't sign up for near death experiences" she joked dropping her original subject of conversation. Tony laughed walking off the rooftop with the two.