13) One Big Nightmare

The next morning she woke up with a mild hangover

The next morning she woke up with a mild hangover. She took the aspirin laid out on her nightstand before walking downstairs to the kitchen.

"Tell me it was all a dream, or a nightmare. Either one would be better than it being real" she asked Clint who was grabbing a water from the fridge.

"Afraid not" he responded. She followed him upstairs to the lab where the others were.

"Morning" she greeted but nobody looked happy. Heavy footsteps creeped behind her. She moved to the side watching as Thor gripped her brother's throat, lifting him in the air.

"Come on use your words buddy" Tony muttered, his feet swinging in the air.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark"

"Thor. The legionnaire" Steve called out. Thor placed Tony back on the ground.

"Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north. And it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again"

"Genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron" Natasha commented.

"Woah. Again. Look I'm not like you guys. I barely have super powers, and barley survive these missions"

"Look you obviously came for a reason. Plus you're an Avenger, Ultron is just as much after you as he is all of us" Steve said. Francesca rubbed her temples not liking the news. "It's important to do this together" Steve continued looking at everyone in the room.

————

South Africa Coast

Francesca couldn't believe she was once again agreeing to this. She got off the aircraft and followed the others, her gun in hand.  She softly and slowly climbed up the stairs. She could hear Ultron ranting about her brother.

"Oh Junior. You're going to break your old man's heart" Tony said as he landed on the floor.

"If I have to"

"Nobody has to break anything" Thor cut in.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet" Ultron joked. Francesca knew that was one of Tony's. After the two bickered back and forth, Ironman and Ultron began to have a go at each. Soon Francesca found herself fighting the twins and the other guys.

She shot left and right, her thoughts causing her to overthink every move she made.

"I don't think I can do this" Francesca said into her microphone she was reloading her gun.

"Please. Backing out like always. Frannie should have stayed home" Tony teased. He knew anger would get the serum following through her veins.

"Don't call me that" she spat.

"Frannie, a failure. Isn't that what dad and mom would call you?" Tony asked. Francesca's blood began to pulse, thickening at the release of serum. She dropped the gun, charging the enemies pushing them over the railing with kicks and punches. She then grabbed the speedy one with a tight grip, throwing him over the edge.

"Thor status?" Cap asked.

"That girl tried warp my mind. I take special care I doubt a human can keep her at bay. Fortunately I am mighty" Thor responded.

Francesca looked around to find most of the her teammates down. As she rounded the corner the mind girl popped out of nowhere flashing her with her worse nightmare.

Francesca found herself in a strange home. She could hear laughter from another room. She wandered further inside to her find her mother and father quite aged laughing with Tony.

"Mom? Dad?" Francesca asked. The three turned around.

"Oh Frannie, you made it. Your mother told me you weren't going to be able to get a replacement for your shift at the diner" her father said sounding quite disappointed she had shown up.

"Well isn't it nice she did? Howard be nice" Maria whispered. "Come on Frannie. We are making a pie together"

She walked in to find Tony grinning. "Slumming it at the diner again? Should have went to MIT when you had the chance. Dad offered to buy your admission" Tony whispered laughing. Francesca frowned.

"I did go"

"If that's what you're telling yourself. Community college for a semester only to be a dropout is far from MIT. oh dad did you hear about the new Stark nukes we've been working on?" Tony asked winking at Francesca.

"So Frannie when are you bringing a boy over?" Maria asked changing the subject.

"She's making minimum wage. Doubt anyone wants that" Tony commented.

"Anthony" Maria snapped.

"No Maria. He's right. A waitress salary is nothing to flaunt. No man wants a women working day and night for lousy singles" Howard said all snobby.

"You're right dear. Frannie don't be a failure in life" Maria said looking at her daughter with a raised eyebrow. "Come back home. Dad will try to get you into college. A better paying job?" Maria asked.

"This isn't real. You and dad are dead" Francesca said. The whole room got silent. Her mother dropping the casserole on the floor. "This isn't real" Tony mocked over and over again.

Francesca snapped out it to find Tony repeating "this isn't real" to her. She looked around to find the other looking quite somber themselves. "You okay?" Tony asked. Francesca grabbed her brother in a hug. While he wasn't always the easiest he definitely could have been a bigger ass to her too.

"Thank you" she whispered. Tony pulled away smiling before heading to talk to Clint. Francesca leaned back on the chair, trying to shake the crazy real nightmare she had just experienced.