11) Getting the Call

A couple more months had passed and Francesca was fully convinced she was never going back to her old life

A couple more months had passed and Francesca was fully convinced she was never going back to her old life. Bucharest was truly her new home.

She walked down the market grabbing a couple fruits when a hand reached for the same apple.

"Sorry" she said looking to her right to see it was Bucky. "You know I would have to say you're stalking me. This is the fourth time in the last two weeks we happened to meet at the market, buying apples"

"I ran out of apples. Again" Bucky said flashing a smile. Francesca laughed. The two were clearly fond of each other but secrets were holding both of them back. Francesca knew when he found out her brother was Ironman and she was rich, it would ruin everything, potentially change their dynamics. She definitely didn't want to be used for fame or money. Bucky, on the other hand, knew his bionic arm and killing background would have her running the other way immediately. So the two kept a flirtatious relationship, never expanding beyond that.

Suddenly her phone rang. She dug around in her pocket for the cellphone. "Can you excuse me?" Francesca asked stepping away. The girl walked to a clear opening away from Bucky. "Hello?" She answered.

"Stark, you're up" Fury said. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"How did you get my number? Actually doesn't matter. I'm not getting involved this time around" she said looking over her shoulder to Bucky who smiled and waved. "I'm - busy"

"Not negotiable. Sokovia tomorrow. The rest of the Avengers will be waiting" Fury said before ending the call. Rest of the Avengers clearly meant she was also apart of it. Her head spun at the thought. She pulled the phone away from her ear and threw it in her bag. She walked back over to Bucky.

"Well it was nice talking to. Unfortunately my time in Bucharest has come to end. It was nice meeting you, Bucky" Francesca said planting a quick kiss on his cheek before running off to her apartment. She packed her bags, leaving whatever was not essential. She then headed to the local train station catching the train to Sokovia.

————

Sokovia

Francesca overtook one of the enemies vehicles driving up next to Natasha.

"Welcome back. How was your retreat?" Tony asked all mad. Francesca rolled her eyes jumping out of the car and landing on the other. She watched as it hit the tree, exploding and killing the enemies. She then hopped in the passenger seat, shooting a gun.

"Not now Tony" Francesca muttered. She reloaded the gun shooting at the men up in the trees. She watched as Thor soared over them crashing the enemies to the ground in one swift swing of his hammer.

"Jump" Natasha yelled as the car rammed into a down tree trunk. She jumped, over rolling on the ground. As she shot around her an arm swept her off the ground and threw her on to the back of the motorcycle.

"Cap" she said with a slight attitude. The two drive through the forest, Francesca shooting at the enemies.

She could hear Tony above flying off into the distance.

"Shit" he exclaimed.

"Language" Steve reprimanded. Francesca couldn't help but hold in a laugh. "Jarvis what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other hydra base we've taken"

"You guys have been doing this? While I've been gone?" Francesca asked.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it" Thor explained. Francesca rolled her eyes, this group of men were all about themselves sometimes. "Long last"

"Long last is lasting a little long boys" Natasha commented. 

"Yeah I think we lost the element of surprise" Clint commented.

"So everyone is ignoring me. Cool. Is this punishment for going off and having fun?" She asked figuring no one was going to answer her.

"Wait a second.  No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said language?"

"I know" Cap said displaying slight embarrassment. Francesca jumped off the bike before Cap threw it at the oncoming enemy. "Just slipped out"

Francesca got off the ground dusting herself off before jogging up the hill. As she went to shoot her gun, something zipped past her knocking her off her feet. She landed hard on the ground.

"Clint's hit" Natasha informed the group. Francesca got up aiming her gun for whatever had struck her before. She was once again struck, this time smacking hard on the ground, knocking herself out of consciousness.

She woke up a few hours later on the aircraft, surrounded by the rest of the team.

"Hey, you're up" Banner said. The rest flocked over.

"How you feeling?" Tony called out from the pilot seat.

"Like I should have stayed in Bucharest" Francesca mumbled.

"Bucharest. That's were you were" Tony muttered back. She sighed knowing her secret hideout was no longer a secret.

"So how was it? Meet any cute guys?" Natasha asked as she check out her pupils with a light. Francesca didn't answer the question. "I'll take that as a yes" she whispered grinning.

"So is this the end? Now that we have the scepter?" She asked walking over to the case.

"Yeah. I mean Banner and I want to review it for a few days. Then hand it back over to you if you don't mind? Revel"

"Yeah no that's fine" Thor said.

"Cool, so can I go back to my European lifestyle?" Francesca asked Tony. He turned around to look at his sister.

"No, you have responsibilities. Pepper has been doing all the work and she surely isn't too happy about" he explained as he sat back down in the pilot seat. Francesca sighed collapsing back into the chair.