20) The Truth

The three landed in Siberia

The three landed in Siberia. The visibility was next to none as the window and snow drifted in the mountain. The back hatch dropped and the three watch and waited.

"Do you remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve asked Bucky.

"Was that the time you used our train money to buy hotdogs?" Bucky asked with a small smile. Francesca who was standing behind the two could see a genuine smile of Bucky's face.

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead"

"What was her name again?"

"Dolores. You called her Dot"

"She's gotta be 100 years old right now" Bucky said shaking his head in disbelief.

"So are we pal" Steve said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"This trip down memory lane seemed fun boys. Let's get to busy now shall we?" Francesca asked pushing past the two. She had a gun slung over her shoulder with two in her thigh holsters. She had pinned her hair up, out of her face expect for the few strands that didn't fit. She walked into the blistering cold and up to the open door. The two men not too far behind her.

"He can't have been here for more than a few hours"

"Long enough to wake them up" Bucky said. Francesca waited for Steve to walk in first, before following after him. Bucky held back, keeping a watchful eye on the two.

They slowly surveyed the area before entering the elevator. It was a slow and quiet ride down. The three not saying a word to each other, just nodding at the end as Steve lifted the gate.

A few minutes later as they crept down the hallway a noise made all three jump into survival mode. Francesca tucked behind Steve shielding the two with his shield while Bucky held his gun pointed straight at the intruder.

"Ready?" Steve muttered.

"Yeah" Bucky responded. The doors flew open revealing Francesca's brother Tony in his Ironman suit. He dropped his face shield and walked towards them.

"You seem a little defensive" Tony said. Steve got up from the stairs walking towards him while Francesca and Bucky held back. "And you've got my sister. Why am I not surprised?" Tony asked.

"Tony why are you here?" Francesca asked holding her gun out.

"At ease Solider. I'm not here for him" Tony called out.

"Then why are you here?" Steve asked. Tony explained why he had came. The three still seemed quite apprehensive but the four continued the search. Francesca clung tightly to her gun, her finger barely pressing on the trigger.

"We have heat signatures" Tony said as they walked further down the hall. The place continued to get creepier by the minute.

"How many?" Steve asked.

"One" Tony said. The walked into the large room, lights flicked on and smoke dropped from the large canisters surrounding them. An orange tint just barely lit each canister.

"If it's any comfort. They died in their sleep.... did you really think I wanted more of you?" The ominous voice said as they wandered around.

"What the hell" Bucky muttered to Francesca who clung tightly by his side. She was horrified by what she was witnessing.

"I'm grateful to them though. They brought you here" the voice said as a light flickered on. Tony immediately jumped into action holding his hand out steady. Steve threw his shield at the wall.

"Please Captain. The Soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets"

"I'm betting I could beat that" Tony called out. Francesca rolled her eyes. Even in a situation like this her brother was trying to one up people.

"Oh, I'm sure you could Mr. Stark. Given time but then you'd never know why you came"

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here" Steve asked as he walked up to the bulletproof glass. Francesca looked up and around at the place they were in. She had never experienced this before.

"I've been watching you, studying you. For over a year now. Bucharest was quite the home for you two" the man said referring to Bucky and Francesca. They instantly looked at each other.

A small screen in the middle of the room flashed on. Francesca instantly knew the road that was being displayed.

"What is this?" Tony yelled. The man didn't answer.

She watched next to her brother, witnessing the car crash that took her parents. As she continued to watch she could see her parents get out of the car. The whole narrative of her parents dying in a crash became fake. She watched as her parents were murdered, by the man she loved.

She looked up at him, tears pooling in her eyes. He instantly looked away, his head hanging low. She wiped the stray tear that fell on her cheek before taking a step away from the screen.

She turned around as Steve begged Tony not to attack Bucky. She clung tightly to her arms, that rested on her chest.

"Did you know?" Tony asked in a hushed tone.

"I didn't know it was him"

"DONT bullshit me!" Tony angrily whispered. "Did you know?"

"Yes" Steve answered. Francesca in that moment felt slightly betrayed. Tony stood there, quiet until he punched Steve. Bucky immediately drew his gun at Tony and Francesca pulled both out both guns, each pointing at the men she loved.

She watched as Tony and Bucky fought. Francesca held back, for two reasons. One she wasn't nearly as strong as either of the them and two she could hurt either of them.

"Tony he didn't have control. It was Hydra" Steve tried reasoning. Francesca bit her lower lip watching as Tony began to fail, mechanically and Bucky tired out.

"Enough" Francesca yelled at the two as they stood up.

"Don't. Don't be Frannie failure once again" Tony yelled back. Francesca in that moment charged at Tony trying to strangle off his iron gear. He pushed his sister to the ground before searing off Bucky's metal arm.

Francesca rolled her head over to see Bucky passed out and Steve on the verge of dying. She lifted her self up and pummeled Tony to the ground, pulling at his arm. Sparks flew as she ripped the wiring in half.

"You're my sister"

"You abandoned me my whole life. I won't do that to the man I love" Francesca said as she pulled his face shield off. He was covered in blood, his face looked appalled at her betrayal.

She helped Bucky off the ground, placing a gentle hand on his bruised and beaten face. Steve came over to help as well.

"That shield doesn't belong to you. You don't deserve it. My father made that shield " Tony called out. Steve turned around throwing it on the ground at Tony before heading to the aircraft.