18) Criminals

Francesca followed Steve and Sam into the building where they were met by Natasha

Francesca followed Steve and Sam into the building where they were met by Natasha. The four of them entered the elevator arriving on another floor further up where Tony was chatting on the phone. Francesca could tell Tony was not happy, especially with her.

"Consequences. You bet there will be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that because I just said it. Anything else?" Tony asked walking towards his sister. He looked extremely disappointed. "Thank you sir" he said ending the call. He stood in front of the three.

"Consequences?" Steve asked.

"Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted" Tony said giving Francesca a nasty look. He walked away assuming the three would follow.

"Tony" Francesca called out running up ahead. He lifted his hand up, displaying now was not the right time to talk to him. She quickly fell back with Sam and Steve walking into the empty conference room by herself were each were being individually held in. She sat down resting her head on the cool table, she couldn't bare to watch Bucky be held captive.

"Hey wanna see something cool?" Tony asked walking into the conference room the three were being held in. "I pulled something from dad's archives" Tony placed a pen down on the table. Francesca huffed at his proposal for them to sign.

"I'm not signing" Francesca said.

"Just do it for dad. For Barnes, he'll be in the US instead of a Wakandan prison" Tony tried reasoning.

"He didn't do it Tony" Francesca calmly stated. She was trying not to fight with him. Tony, however, didn't feel the same.

"Didn't do it, the proof is right here" Tony yelled, pointing at the picture of Bucky outside of the Vienna International Center "plus, can we talk about how you're shacking it up with a vigilante?"

"Are you forgetting. We are the vigilantes!" Francesca yelled throwing her hands up frustrated. Her fingers skimmed through her hair before falling down to her side.

"No you're the vigilante, you chose the wrong side. You should have signed those damn papers" Tony argued back.

"And what? Pretend I don't have super serum. Live in hiding like before... it didn't sit right with me. Now look, someone like us is being pinned, framed for something they-"

"They didn't do? Francesca, you sign this damn paper now and come back to New York"

"Or what?" Francesca asked sternly, her arms crossed against her chest.

"Make the same mistakes you've been making your whole life. I won't be able to protect you if don't sign it" Tony pleaded.

"You never protected me" Francesca said rolling the pen across the table. Tony sighed packing everything up and storming out of the conference room. Francesca headed to the same conference room Steve and Sam were in. She couldn't bare to be alone.

"How you holding up?" Steve asked as she walked in.

"Fine. How's Bucky?" She asked walking up next to him. They watched the screen unsure of what was being said. Suddenly the volume was turned on by a blonde girl. Steve weakly smiled at her.

Francesca sat there biting at the little nails she had. She could see Bucky trying to fight whatever demons were inside of him. She turned around, looking at the photos on the table of Bucky framed for the bombing.

"How could this be Bucky. We spent the last week together shopping and strolling the streets. It just don't make sense" Francesca muttered.

"Why would task force even release these photos?" Steve asked.

"Get the word out? Involve as many eyes as we can?" The blonde girl asked.

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set of a bomb, get your picture taken. You've got seven billion people looking for the Winter Solider"

"You're saying someone framed him to find him?"

"Steve we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing"

"I've know Bucky for a while now. He's been Bucharest the whole time. Living under the radar. The apartment we share was in my name"

"So he hasn't been hiding per say just living under the radar" Sam commented.

"Framing him for a bombing wouldn't guarantee the framer would get him. It guarantees we would" the girl said looking at the monitor.

"Francesca do you know of anyone coming for Bucky?" Steve asked. Francesca shook her head, not able to recall anyone.

"No. We kept these secrets lives a secret. I only found out about the Winter Solider today. He doesn't know I'm apart of the Avengers" Francesca explained. Suddenly the power shut off.

"Sub level five, east wing" the girl said. The three sprinted out of the conference room. As they approached the hall they could see guards knocked out and dead in the hallway with no trace of Bucky.

Steve approached the guy who had questioned Bucky. "Who are you? What do you want?" Steve asked.

"To see an empire fall" the man muttered as Bucky attacked Sam. Francesca caught off guard tried helping San while also bringing Bucky out of this mental state he was in.

"Bucky, it's me" Francesca called out before she was flung across the room. She slowly gained consciousness and ran after him. "Bucky" she called out running after him. She entered the lobby to find Bucky strangling Natasha. She quickly ran towards him, pummeling him to the ground. "Snap out of it" she yelled before being pushed to the ground again. The room spun before it turned dark.