31) Happy Endings?

Francesca stepped out of the car to find Bucky in one piece

Francesca stepped out of the car to find Bucky in one piece. Slightly bruised and covered in dust and dirt but in one piece. She quickly grabbed the young girl from the backseat, boosting her on to their hip before running over to him.

Originally caught off guard he wrapped his arms around the two. Sam standing off to the side smiling.

"Tell me this is over. You're done?" Francesca asked looking up.

"I'm done" Bucky said looking Francesca in the eyes. Relieved her head fell against his chest. Bucky looked over at Sam giving him a small smile before taking his daughter and giving her a hug.

The cops began to clear everyone out and the three walked over to her car.

"Sam I-" Francesca began wanting to apologize for the judgement she had casted on him for giving up the shield.

"Don't. You were right. The shield belongs here, not in some museum on display or in the hands of someone else" Sam said. He began to walk the other when he stopped and turned around.

"I'm hosting a barbecue next weekend. At the dock. Y'all better be there" Sam said before soaring off into the air. Francesca smiled at Sam, happy the two had made up.

———
Few months later....

Francesca, Bucky and Adelina walked to the dock food in hand for another weekend barbecue. The three had moved out of the city and into the countryside. It reminded Bucky and Francesca of their time in Bucharest and allowed everyone to be far from the distractions the city offered.

Bucky placed down the cake on the table before running over and greeting Sam. Francesca had to laugh as the two acted as if they didn't spend every other weekend together. She was also so proud of Bucky for finally feeling comfortable and confident with who he was. He had accepted his past and moved on from it. No longer needing gloves or concealing his arm.

She said hello to Sarah and a few of her friends before walking over to Sam. Adelina had already joined the other kids including Sam's nephews.

"How's Sam Jr doing?" Sam asked pointing to Francesca showing stomach.

"That not his name" Bucky flat out said crushing Sam's spirits as he wrapped an arm around Francesca's shoulders.

"We don't even know if it's a girl or boy"

"It's a boy" Sam and Bucky said at the same time. The two smiled at each other.

"It's Bucky Jr" Bucky said teasing Sam. Francesca rolled her eyes at the immature games the two played.

As the day continued everyone jammed out to music, ate food, newbies took pictures with Sam and Bucky and Adelina played. Francesca sat at the table watching Bucky show off his arm. Children hanging from it like it was a tree branch while he acted unfazed.

"He's come a long way" Sam said sitting down next to her.

"It's nice. It's like life is finally in place and going great for once" Francesca said.

"He's no longer the villain" Sam muttered.

"He never was the villain. Just misunderstood" Francesca replied. She watched from the bench as the sun slowly began to set. Happy endings were on the horizon.