21) Reuniting

Francesca after helping the others escape headed to  Bucky and her's Bucharest apartment She desperately wanted to collect anything she could before continuing on the run

She desperately wanted to collect anything she could before continuing on the run. She knew it was risky, but couldn't bare to leave behind their belongings. Especially after having to say goodbye to Bucky.

Francesca walked into the room to find Bucky dressed in fresh white clothes, his severed arm bandaged up.

"So? You're sure about this?" Francesca asked standing in front of him. She tried to hide the sadness in her voice not wanting to change his mind or make him more upset than he already was.

"It's for the best. For everyone. Including you. I just don't trust myself, not with these thoughts still in my head" Bucky explained. His hand reached up to her face, softly stroking her cheek. He wiped the stray tear away before pulling her face towards his, giving her one last kiss.

"This isn't goodbye forever. It's just temporary" Bucky reassured her. Francesca weakly smiled wrapping her arms around him, taking in his scent one more time before their fingers slowly pulled apart as she walked out. The door closed behind her and Steve was there waiting to consult her.

"I'll give you a call when we awake him" Shuri said to Francesca. She thanked the girl before getting on the jet with Steve.

"Now what?" Francesca asked. He turned around in the Captain's chair.

"We free the others"

She placed the last of the items in the box and brought it to the front door when her cellphone rang. The contact said Shuri and Francesca immediately perked up.

"Hello?" She answered.

"He's awake. First session of therapy seems to be working" Shuri said getting straight to the point. Francesca happily bit her lower lip.

Francesca arrived the next morning in Wakanda. She ran down the hill Shuri had directed her to, anxious to see him. Francesca called out his name moments before tackling him to the ground.

"Hi" she said all giddy as she hovered over his body. Bucky couldn't help but smile back, he loved seeing Francesca happy.

"Hi" he replied. She helped him up off the ground before grabbing him in a hug. "It's been two weeks"

"Two weeks too long. I missed you" Francesca said studying his face. The back of her hand gently skimmed his cheek. She leaned in giving him a kiss. She then turned around thanking Shuri who was observing from a few feet behind.
———
2 years later...

Francesca was watching Bucky from the entrance of their hut. She agreed to stay in Wakanda so Bucky could get help. It also provided them both protection, giving them far lesser chances of being caught.

She could see in the distance upper members walking towards them. She expected it had to be some big news. Bucky walked up to the hay barrel looking at the opened briefcase. Francesca slowly walked up behind him.

"Where's the fight?" Bucky asked. Francesca reached her hand out, placing it on his good shoulder. Her face nestled on his arm. She gazed at the newly made prosthetic arm that was presented to them.

"On its way" T'challa responded. Bucky looked at Francesca signaling he was ready. He kissed the top of her head before walking over, slipping off the covering and slipping the metal arm on. He opened and closed his fist a few times before turning around.

Francesca smiled at him, walking under his arm and wrapping her's around his lower back. The two followed T'challa to the city where they waited for the others to arrive.

As Steve and the others approached the building, Bucky and Francesca walked out. Freshly dressed in new suits.

"You will have my kingsguard, border tribe, the Dora Milaje and-"

"And a semi-stable 100 year old man. Plus Francesca"

"How you been, Buck?" Steve asked grabbing his friend into a hug.

"Not bad, for the end of the world. Living life together has been blissful here" Bucky said kissing Francesca. Steve smiled seeing his friend happy. After exchanging hellos they all headed inside where Vision, Bruce, Steve and Wanda headed up to the lab to talk to Shuri.

Francesca caught up with Natasha while Bucky and Sam lingered a few feet away.

"So how far along are you?" Natasha asked. Francesca immediately looked at her with a confused look. "Oh don't play me. Laura had the same glow with Nathaniel in the beginning. So?"

"I haven't told Bucky yet, especially not now. Just found out a last night" Francesca admitted in a hushed voice looking out into the distance watching him talk with Sam.

"Hey, he'll be happy" Natasha said placing a hand on her back.

"I hope so" Francesca muttered to herself. Suddenly a blast on the forcefield caused the two to jump. Natasha and Francesca ended the gossip time and jumped into action mode. They watched as more rockets landed just outside of the dome.

"It's time" Bucky said walking up to Francesca. She looked at Bucky with a smile, her hand gently gripping his cheek. "Don't be like that. We will be fine at the end of all of this" Bucky reassured her. She nodded her head before grabbing her guns in hand. The army marched to the border.