7) Tesseract

Francesca stood just outside of the helipad with Agent Coulson waiting for Fury and Hill to give an update

Francesca stood just outside of the helipad with Agent Coulson waiting for Fury and Hill to give an update. Coulson had explained to her the director of S.H.I.E.L.D himself was coming to oversee the problem they were facing.

"What's the news?" Fury asked as he walked towards them. Francesca was not expecting a man with an eye patch and leather trench coat to step off the helicopter.

"We are evacuating the base" Coulson explained as they walked inside and down the stairs.

"Stark correct?" Fury asked Francesca as she tagged along.

"Pleasure to meet you. From my understanding and the analysis I have ran myself . This energy source, the tesseract, is being powered by a parallel source, one not from here" Francesca explained. Fury looked at her not understanding. "There's a different dimension on the other side. It's a doorway linking our world to another, I'm just unsure if it's theoretical or physical"

"So how do we cut this energy source down?" Fury asked. The three standing in front of the glowing, raging blue cube.

"We don't. At least not here on Earth. It's unknown where the other side is exactly"

"Okay. Coulson take Stark with you. I need this base evacuated immediately"

"Will do sir. This base is set to be vacated in 30 minutes" Coulson explained.

"Do better" Fury demanded. Francesca and Agent Coulson stopped following the two and headed back up to the loading dock, squeezing into one of the last military vehicles.

"Move out" Coulson instructed. Francesca watched as they drove through the underground cement tunnels. Just as they reached the desert the ground shook, in the distance the base collapsing.

"Coulson. Do you copy?" Fury instructed over the walkie talkie. All eyes were now on Coulson, everyone was intrigued to know what had happened or what the next step would be.

"Fury, it's Coulson"

"The Tesseract was taken hostage along with Barton. We have a level 7. Return to the home base immediately. This is war" Fury said. Coulson looked at all the men in the vehicle. Francesca could sense level 7 was unheard of and seemed bad. She sat quietly in her seat wondering why she agreed to helping a couple of weeks ago in NYC.

The military wagon continued to drive, drifting off into the New Mexico desert.

——————

Francesca rode the elevator up to the top of Stark towers later that night after having two failed call attempts with her brother. Coulson had asked her to recruit her own brother from this secret Avengers project. Something she herself didn't know about.

As the elevator door opened she was met by Tony and Pepper bonding over the new energy source the tower was running off of. Celebrating with glasses of champagne.

"Sorry to ruin this, this, whatever this is. I've been sent by Coulson. Why did you ignored both of my calls?" Francesca asked walking to the couch with a briefcase in hand.

"You've been ignoring your sister's calls?" Pepper asked Tony looking at him. He quickly flashed two fingers acting as if it was no big deal.

"We are celebrating. Business hours are between 8 and 5 every other Thursday" Tony joked. Francesca ignored him unlocking the briefcase and pulling up the digital files inside.

"The Avengers?" Pepper asked looking at Francesca.  "I don't know about that" she quickly said covering up the fact that Tony had told her.

"I'm not sure myself. Coulson said Tony would explain it to me" Francesca muttered looking at her brother for more information. Tony, however, was fixated on the screens watching the videos of all the projects.

"It looks like you and your sister have homework, lots of homework. I'll take the jet out to Washington D.C tonight"

"I don't have homework" Tony said grabbing Pepper's wrist while still being fixated at the screens.

"You do. Have fun" Pepper said. She leaned in whispering sweet nothings into his ear. A grin appeared on his face as she pulled away.

"Okay so what exactly is this Avengers project?" Francesca asked her brother as she shifted through the digital files. Tony began to explain everything from the beginning, including how he originally was deemed unfit for the project.

The two the next morning, after staying up all night, boarded the plane Coulson had sent to bring them to the home base of S.H.I.E.L.D.