17) Secrets Revealed

A few days later and Francesca still hadn't called Tony back in regards to the Sokovia Accords

A few days later and Francesca still hadn't called Tony back in regards to the Sokovia Accords. She had read it over, but the whole thing just didn't sit right with her. So Francesca ignored it, hoping they would all move on and sign it without her being involved.

Francesca and Bucky were currently walking the streets of Bucharest, enjoying the nice fall weather. They had just bought fruit at the market and were avoiding heading home when she could sense Bucky tensing up. She looked across the street to find the newspaper vendor staring them down. He looked nervous once he noticed the two of them looking.

"Do you know him?" She whispered clinging her body against his as she held his right hand.

"No" Bucky muttered. The two crossed the busy street and approached the stand. The man quickly and fearfully sprinted out of it, running away. Francesca stood back and watched the man leave while Bucky walked up grabbing a newspaper. Francesca looked over his shoulder to see Bucky on the cover of the news.

"Is this old?" Francesca asked. Bucky showed her the date on the corner of the paper. He quickly looked around scanning his surroundings. He could sense he was being watched.

"Come on" Bucky whispered grabbing Francesca's hand. They dove into the busy market and exited out through an alley, heading to an abandoned apartment building Francesca had never been to. As they climbed the stairs Bucky stopped.

"What's the matter?" Francesca asked all concerned.

"That newspaper headline. It said the Winter Solider was back. I'm the Winter Solider" Bucky explained. Francesca looked at him, wide eyed.

"So you did-"

"No! No I've been here with you the whole time. They are going to come looking for me though. I need to get you somewhere safe" Bucky said continuing to run up the stairs. Francesca was about to tell Bucky about her own secret when he quickly ushered her inside of the apartment. Locking the door behind them.

"Bucky-" Francesca began but his hand immediately was placed over her mouth signaling for her to be quiet. They moved into the kitchen to find Captain America looking through a journal of some sort.

"Understood" Captain said. Francesca moved her weight to the other leg causing the floorboard to squeak. Cap quickly turned around.

"Francesca?" Captain asked. He then turned to Bucky. "You know me?"

"You're Steve. I read about you in a museum" Bucky lied.

"I know you're nervous. You have plenty of reason to be. Just let the girl go and we won't have an issue" Captain America said as he inched closer to the two.

"You think he's holding me captive?" Francesca asked. She was becoming outraged but Bucky placed a hand out to keep her from charging at him.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore" Bucky calmly stated.

"Well the people who think you did are coming here now. They're not planning on taking you alive"

Bucky and Steve looked at each other intensely before a grenade came crashing through the window. Bucky immediately jumped in front of Francesca shielding her while Cap used his shield. Men began to rush through the windows and through the door.

"You need to go somewhere safe" Bucky muttered trying to push her out of the apartment.

"I can handle this" Francesca said as she knocked one of the soldiers out with her fist. As Francesca and Bucky headed for the back door Steve stopped him. Bucky threw him to the ground, punching the floorboard next to his head.

"You're going to kill someone" Steve muttered.

"I'm not going to kill anyone" Bucky responded back. He threw the backpack across to the other building's rooftop before throwing Captain America threw the window. "Go" Bucky yelled. Francesca hopped over the balcony edge, swinging onto the floor below while Bucky headed out through the front door. She then perched herself on the railing before jumping across. She grabbed the backpack, waiting for Bucky to come.

She could see him jumping out from the window. The two began to run across the rooftop when another person tackled Bucky to the ground. He was completely covered in a suit of leather and had sharp retractable claws. She ran over helping Bucky fight him off. They continued to run being followed by three people now.

The man in the black leather suit had pinned Bucky to the ground. Francesca feeling slightly amped up with the serum charged at him, pushing him away. She helped Bucky off the ground as Cap ran over.

Eventually everyone stopped as they were surrounded by cop cars. Rhodey flew in pointing his weapons at them.

"Stand down now" Rhodey announced. "Congratulations Cap, Stark, you're a criminal"

Francesca knew she fucked up big time. She looked at Bucky who looked angry and confused.

"Stark? You told me your last name was Carbonell"

"I lied. I used my mother's maiden name. Figured when you heard Stark you'd know what company I ran, who my brother was. I didn't want that to change what we had" Francesca yelled as she was ushered into another vehicle with her arms pinned behind her. She ducked into the car mentally cursing herself out.