24) Five Years Later

"Adelina" Francesca yelled from the kitchen

"Adelina" Francesca yelled from the kitchen. She was finishing up washing her hands after preparing breakfast for the two of them. "Breakfast is done" she called out again. She grabbed the two plates with food and placed it on the small dining table in the corner. The young child running out from her bedroom where she was playing with her toys to join her mother for breakfast. She was dressed in her school uniform ready for the day.

Francesca choose to live a simple life in New York City after the battle. She moved into an apartment needing only space for her and the soon to arrive baby at the time.

As she was about to sit down and eat, a knock came from the door. She looked at Adelina, "stay at the table and eat it all. Or else no dessert tonight" Francesca politely lectured. She walked over to the door, looking through the peephole to see Steve, Natasha and Scott at her door.

Francesca opened the door swiftly. "Scott Lang?" she questioned. He was one of the member who had disappeared because of Thanos, at least the group had presumed him to be. "Sorry, where's my manners. Come on in" she said ushering them inside of her apartment as the neighbors across the hall began their weekly fights. Steve looked back at the door before stepping inside.

"I was just eating breakfast. Would you guys like a plate?" Francesca asked as they awkwardly stood there.

"No thank you" Steve and Natasha said. Scott shook his head yes before shaking it no.

"Okay. We can talk in here" she said pointing to the couch. She was slightly nervous seeing them all again. After Adelina was born she hid from the world, afraid of the dangers she might encounter.

"We came to talk to you about the" Steve began.

"Quantum Realm" Scott finished.

"Are you familiar with it?" Steve asked. Francesca knew where this conversation was going.

"I may or may not have studied Quantum physics for a few semesters. Look, time travel. It isn't real. It's a theory and just that"

"What if it wasn't. Hank Pym sent me into the Quantum realm and was suppose to be bring me back but before he and — his daughter could, they disappeared trapping me inside. Here I am five years later in only five hours" Scott explained. Francesca looked over to her daughter at the dining room table playing with the 'disgusting foods' on the plate rather than eating them.

"It's risky. It's unpredictable" Francesca said turning her attention back to the group.

"That's why we were hoping you'd come along. Help talk to-" Natasha began.

"Tony? Ha. No. We aren't really on speaking terms. The last time we talked was the day after he returned from space. We had a big blowout on how I was ruining my life" Francesca explained.

"Fran-"

"Look. I appreciate you guys coming here and seeing me but I can't risk Adelina having no one. I know quantum physics, it's one and millionth chance controlling where you end up. But seriously it's was great seeing you guys" Francesca said getting up from the couch.

"If we are successful, we can bring back everyone. Including Bucky" Steve muttered. Francesca turned around looking at Steve, his words sinking in. She once again looked over at the child, a child who will never know her father. Adelina looked a lot like him which made each day both equally easy and hard for Francesca.

"I'll come to talk. If he says no. He says no. " Francesca agreed. The group headed out of the city dropping Adelina off at school first. They arrived a couple hours later at Tony's cabin on the lake. She anxiously stepped out of the car to see Tony holding his own child. Francesca heard from Pepper they had a daughter named Morgan.

The two occasionally would catch up over the phone. Pepper would fill her in on Morgan and Tony and Francesca would do the same.

Tony, frozen in his spot, looked at the group before whisking his daughter away inside. The four of them exchanged looks, walking onto the porch. Tony a minute later came out with green smoothies.

"No trust- we know- what it sounds like" Scott anxiously said to Tony after explaining their plan.

"Tony after everything you've seen is anything-" Steve began but Tony quite angrily interrupted him.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck scale which then triggers with the Deutsche proposition can we agree on that?" Tony asked. No one answered. "In layman's terms it means you're not coming home"

"I did!" Scott said.

"No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke... and now you want to pull off a- a what do you call it?"

"Time heist?" Scott suggested Tony laughed at it.

"The stones are in the past"

"We can go back. Snap our fingers. Bring everyone back" Natasha continued.

"Or screw it up worse than he already has" Tony pessimistically said. Francesca remained quite sipping on the smoothie Tony had brought out. Scott pleaded with Tony to reconsider, explaining how he and many others had lost love ones but Tony refused.

Morgan ran out, coming to save Tony from the conversation they group was having.

"Look. I wish you'd come here to ask me something else. Anything else. Honestly I'm happy to see you guys. I just- oh look the table is set for six-"

"Tony. Don't" Francesca spoke out. She and her brother looked at each other. Sadness was behind both of their eyes.

"If you don't talk shop you can stay for lunch" Tony continued as he walked back into his house. Francesca in that moment was slightly jealous. Her brother, once again, was living out the perfect life. He had a complete family.

The four walked back to the car, Steve had another idea.