30) Betrayal

Francesca was walking out of the office to grab some mid morning coffee when someone came up behind her

Francesca was walking out of the office to grab some mid morning coffee when someone came up behind her. She could tell who it was without even turning around. His cologne had drifted downwind and Francesca inhaled the scent.

"Why would you?" Bucky asked quite angry. "You told me yourself you thought Sam made a mistake. Giving up the shield Steve gave him. Why you?"

"You shouldn't be here...It came down to making a difficult decision. I have bigger things to deal with"

"What can be bigger than this?" Bucky asked. Francesca stopped walking. She turned around to face him, her hands gripping her temple.

"The company is going bankrupt. I have a daughter to worry about. I have thousands of people's livelihoods riding on my choices. I needed to make this one, okay?" Francesca asked. She let out a sigh feeling relieved to get it off her chest.

"Fine" Bucky said pissed off. He began to walk the other way.

"Don't forget lunch at 12:30 with Adelina" Francesca shouted to Bucky. She turned back around and continued her walk to the corner coffee shop.
———
Later that day Francesca rushed into the police station.

"Sam, what's going on?" Francesca asked. His text was brief and confusing but nonetheless Francesca knew she had to show up. She took her helicopter over here as fast as she could.

"He had a warrant out for his arrest. Missed court- mandated therapy" Sam explained. That meant he had missed his lunch with Adelina, pissing Francesca off. She shook her head at Sam.

"What was he doing all day?" Francesca asked.

"He followed me to work. Couldn't get rid of him if I tried" Sam replied. The door to the jail opened and the two quickly turned to look at the door. Bucky didn't look to pleased to see either of them and become increasingly angry to see Dr. Raynor make her presence known.

"James, condition of your release, session now. You too, Francesca and Sam" Dr. Raynor said.

"I'll be outside" Sam said trying to slip away.

"That wasn't a request" Dr.Raynor yelled. The three followed her into a room. Francesca sat down in the middle of Bucky and Sam, providing a barrier of some sort between the two. Her arms were crossed against her chest, she was clearly pissed off and wasn't afraid to show it.

"Let's start. Francesca have anything to say?" Dr. Raynor asked. Francesca straightened up in the chair clearing her throat.

"Just mad" Francesca muttered.

"At who?" Dr. Raynor asked. Francesca could feel her buttons being pressed.

"Both them. Honestly I can't understand why you had to go and screw up the terms of the pardon. Do you not want to get rid of supervised visitations? Which by the way you probably let down your daughter when you didn't show up to lunch. And you, giving up the shield" Francesca began but didn't want to dig deeper into the shield issue.