9) The Avengers

She tucked her knees into her chest unsure of what to do

She tucked her knees into her chest unsure of what to do. She could hear people run up and down the hallway, shots being fired and people yelling. She waited, hoping an opportunity came for her to get out of this room and find help.

After minutes had passed, she decided now was the best time. She slowly got off the floor and peeked her head out of the doorway making sure the coast was clear. She then got up and ran down the hall, running into a man with a bow. Unsure of where his allegiance was she knocked him out with one hard punch. Natasha came running towards her catching her breath with her hands on her knees once she saw Barton was down.

"Thank you" she huffed. Francesca smiled. Natasha took Barton to a room where he could wake up out of his daze. Francesca was told to report to the main headquarters. There she found Fury, her brother and Steve waiting at a table. She slowly walked over sitting down in the empty chair.

She looked at the others before hanging her head low.

"So can we talk about all of this?" Tony asked circling his finger at her. She leaned back in the chair, crossing her arms over her chest.

"About what?" Francesca asked. She knew what Tony was referring to but honestly she wanted to drop the subject all together.

"When were you going to tell me?" Tony asked all outraged.

"Never is that what you want to hear. Dad made me swear I'd never tell a soul if it failed" Francesca fought back. Steve and Fury were unfortunately bystanders to yet another Stark sibling blow out.

"But clearly it didn't fail. Why didn't you share it?"

"Dad is dead. It's a failure either way"

"Enough! You two can fight later. We have a man we lost" Fury snapped. He quickly gained his composure again as the two siblings settled down in their seats. "These were in Phil Coulsons' jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them" Fury said throwing bloody vintage trading cards onto the table. Steve picking one up, examined it. "We are dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube. Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye... maybe I had that coming"

Fury circled the table as everyone remained quiet.

"Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though because I was playing something riskier. There was an idea. Stark knows this, called the Avengers initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people. To see if they could become something more" Fury explained. Francesca quickly looked up at her brother. Another secret he was keeping from her. She quickly got up from her chair.

"Secrets Tony, huh? How about that?" Francesca said before walking away. She headed to the plane that was ready for take off on the runway. All Francesca wanted to do was go back to Stark Towers in NYC and take a bath, forgetting about all that had just taken place.

She boarded the plane taking a seat, rubbing her temples as the plane took off. Francesca flew over the waters, arriving in NYC shortly.

———

The plane dropped her off at the local airport. From their Hogan had met her and drove her to the tower.

"Thank you" she called out as she slammed the door shut. The doorman opened the door and Francesca rushed inside to the elevator. She shedded the heels and let her hair fall out of the French twist it was in as the elevator rode up.

She exited not even paying attention to her surroundings, heading straight for the kitchen. As she opened the fridge she heard a voice say "Hello, we meet again"

She dropped the glass bottle, water and glass everywhere. Loki grinned walking closer to her. His arm wrapped around her body as the staff lightly jabbed her neck. The two walked outside to see Tony landing on the platform.

"Tell me you've come to appeal to my humanity?" Loki asked. Francesca continued to walk forward, fear in her eyes.

"Actually I'm planning to threaten you. Give me my sister back, in exchange for a drink?" Tony asked nonchalantly grabbing the liquor and a glass.

"Stalling won't do anything"

"No threatening. Please a drink for my sister. She's mine to mess with. I still have the urge to kill her myself" Tony said putting the glass to his lips. Loki quickly became in raged with Tony letting Francesca go. She quickly rushed to the other side so the rooms watching as her brother chokes at the hands on Loki after his staff didn't work.

"Deploy" Tony choked. Loki throws her brother out the window and Francesca can't bare to look. Suddenly one of his suits comes flying from the elevator and he returns just in time to blast him on the floor.

She cowarded in the corner of the penthouse watching as the two brothers fought outside.

"Come on" she muttered to herself. She was scared of being her true self. Letting her super serum powers come out. She looked outside to find the scepter on the ground of the catwalk. She rushed outside grabbing it, before running it inside. She looked around for one of Tony's gadgets finding a bracelet on the counter. She slipped it on "Jarvis?" She asked.

"Miss Stark. How may I help?" Jarvis asked.

"I need Tony" she said. She was suddenly connected to the communication line.

"Tony?" Francesca cried out.

"Francesca? Are you okay?"

"I have the scepter. What do I do?" Francesca asked looking around all paranoid.

"Cut the portal" Tony said. Francesca grabbed it off the floor and headed to the roof. There she found a doctor who had seemed to be coming out his daze. She quickly looked around at the city watching all the destruction and alien over take the city.

She examined the energy source deeming it extremely powerful. She looked at the scepter in hand and plunged it into the outer layer.

"I can close it. Should I?" Francesca asked.

"Do it" Steve said.

"No wait. I have a nuke coming" Tony said. Francesca held off from poking the portal generator any further. She watched as her brother took the nuke up and inside. She watched the sky waiting for her brother to come back down.

"Tony?" Francesca called out. "Tony I need to close it" she yelled trying to harness as much strength as she could.

"Close it" Steve said. Francesca did as she was told poking it further inside. She looked back up to find her brother freefalling from the sky. The hulk out of no where catching him.

She dropped the scepter on the ground, smiling in relief. The group met her on the first floor surrounded Loki who had been knocked unconscious.

"Great job" Tony said greeting his sister, kissing her on the top of her head.

"We are the Avengers" Steve said looking at the group.