14) Choosing Sides

A few hours later and the aircraft landed at a safe house, according to Clint

A few hours later and the aircraft landed at a safe house, according to Clint. They exited the aircraft to find a grassy field and one medium sized house in the middle. The sky was an orangey sorbet color, as the sun began to rise.

Francesca walked leaning on her brother as the they followed the others. She was still worn out from the whole mind warping.

"What is this place?" Thor asked Tony.

Tony responded with "safe house"

"Let's hope" Clint responded back to the both of them as he opened the front door. The group walked in to find a quaint and lived in home.

"Honey? I'm home" Clint called out. An extremely pregnant made herself present from the kitchen. "Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead" Clint continued but the woman didn't seem to care much about that, instead placing a kiss on his lips.

"This is an agent of some kind" Tony muttered.

"Guys this is Laura"

"I know all of your names" she sweetly greeted back. Francesca softly smiled. Light, little footsteps ran down the stairs, Francesca was even more surprised to learn Clint had children, a boy and girl.

"These are smaller agents" Tony said even more confused. Francesca lightly stabbed him in the side with her elbow.

"It's his kids" she whispered. The two turned back to watch Natasha interact with them. Watching this family interact sweetly and kindly with each other triggered her nightmare induced by the twin girl. Francesca abruptly walked out of the house and onto the porch.

She took a deep breath, trying to forget it but another image flashed in her brain. She continued down the dirt path and began to chop wood out of anger.

"What happened back there?" Steve asked as he awkwardly walked up to her, his hands in his pockets.

"I don't want to talk about it" Francesca muttered as she struck down the axe, chopping yet another log.

"Just don't let it get to you" Steve said turning on his heel.

"You're not bothered by what you saw?" Francesca asked dropping them axe on the ground.

"It's not real. So no" Steve said. He was partially lying to her.

"I don't belong here" she called out to Steve who had begun to walk away. "I'm only holding you guys back, Tony would agree"

"I think you're only holding yourself back" he responded before walking into the house. She chopped one more log out of frustration before heading inside. She walked into the kitchen to find Fury talking with others.

"Welcome Agent Stark"

"Not an agent. I agreed to come because you called. I never agreed to anything else. This, this is too much" Francesca snapped. Everyone looked at her.

"You knew Fury was alive?" Steve asked.

"When was he dead? No one tells me anything around here. You all wanted me back, a team player and yet you have secrets and didn't update me while I was gone. It's better if I just leave" she said grabbing her things.

"Wait" Fury called out. Francesca turned around with her arms crossed over her chest. "To defeat Ultron, you guys need to be a team, and that means every single one of you's"

"Damn I wish I would have just evolved into the person dad wanted me to be. The person he expected when he gave me the serum" Francesca muttered.

"That's it. Ultron's going to evolve" Banner spoke out.

"How?" Fury asked sipping on the glass of lemonade.

"Has anyone checked on Helena Cho?" Banner asked the group exchanged a look with each other. They rushed around getting back into their uniforms.

"I'll take Natasha, Clint and Francesca" Steve looking at her. Francesca nodded at Steve heading outside to the aircraft. The four took off a few minutes later.

As they approached the lab they dropped Cap off. The group learned the cradle contained a powerful stone. Steve tried to occupy Ultron as best as she could while Natasha drove closer to him to help.

"Okay. No doubting yourself" Francesca repeatedly whispered to herself as she waited for her turn. Clint flew up behind the package and Francesca got into place to help retrieve it and Natasha.

"Nat we got to go" Clint said. Francesca watched as Natasha jumped onto the cradle which slid off the flying truck and onto the aircraft. She reached her hand out to help her inside when the flying bots took her.

"Natasha" Francesca yelled looking down from the exit. Clint turned around briefly to see what the commotion was all about.

"Cap do you have eyes on Nat?" He asked. Francesca looked down trying to find her. She held tightly to the cradle making sure it stayed with them as well.

"If you have the package take it to Stark" Captain America demanded. Francesca closed the hatch and joined Clint in the passenger seat. The two arrived back at the tower with the package.

"So let's destroy this thing and be done" Francesca commented as she wheeled it in. Banner agreed getting ready to help.

"No" Tony said. The two immediately looked at him.

"I'm sorry? You're not going to destroy this?" Francesca asked confused.

"No we are going to program JARVIS inside of it. Defeat Ultron once and for all" Tony explained. Banner and Francesca gave each other weary looks. "Come on. I need you two"

The two agreed and began to get to work.

"Genetic coding is at 97%. You have got to upload that scimatic in the next three minutes" Banner called out.

"Working on it" Francesca responded. Suddenly a heavy footstep stopped all three from working. Francesca looked up to find Steve with the twins.

"I'm going to say this once"

"How about nonce" Tony said trying to be funny.

"Shut it down"

"Nope. Not going to happen" Tony responded.

"You don't know what you're doing" Steve lectured.

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Banner asked.

"I know you're angry" The girl said stepping forward.

"Oh, we're beyond angry" Francesca said giving her a look. "I could choke the life out of you and not break a sweat" she threatened.

"Banner after everything's that happened" Steve tried reasoning. Suddenly the other twin sped around the room, removing all the plugs and wires.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying" he commented before falling threw the glass. The machines began to beep and Tony tried to reroute the upload. Soon the two groups found themselves fighting each other until Thor out of nowhere came in. He rose his hammer to the sky, blasting a bolt of lightening and awakening their creation. He rose from the cradle, hovering in mid air. Francesca couldn't believe she had helped create that.