23) Return of Tony Stark

Francesca was currently at the Avengers Facility, using it as a temporary residence until she figured out other plans

Francesca was currently at the Avengers Facility, using it as a temporary residence until she figured out other plans. She was in bed rubbing her finger over a photo of Bucky and her in Bucharest.

She had been feeling extremely upset, after all she didn't just lose Bucky, Tony had been deemed missing in space for almost a month. She placed the photo back on her nightstand. As she stepped on the floor the ground began to rumble and shake. A loud noise hovered over the facility. She slipped on shoes and ran out to the lawn to find the others there as well.

The ship was placed on the ground, a frail looking Tony walked out. Francesca ran over to him, grabbing him tightly in a hug.

"Couldn't stop him" Tony whispered trying to catch his breath.

"We couldn't either" Francesca explained. Tony stopped walking, looking at his sister with pain in his eyes.

"I lost the kid" he muttered. Francesca could tell he was extremely hurt.

"Look Tony I'm-" Francesca began but Pepper ran over hugging Tony.

"Oh my god. Oh my god" Pepper sobbed. Tony kissed her temple before the two walked inside. He cleaned himself up before they had a meeting.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to earth" Rhodey informed the group. The faces of those that vanished into thin air floated on the screens.

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working...are trying to take a census and it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was going to do" Natasha explained. "Thanos wiped out 50% of all living creatures"

Everyone's heads hung low at the sound of half the population being wiped out.

"Where? Where is he now?" Tony asked.

"We don't know... he just opened a portal and walked through" Steve informed him.

"What's wrong with him?" Tony asked pointing to Thor who was isolated from the group.

"He's pissed. Thinks he failed. Which of course he did but there's a lot of that going around ain't there?" the raccoon spoke out.

"Honestly, until this exact second I thought you were build a bear" Tony sarcastically commented.

"Maybe I am"

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep space scans and satellites. And we got nothing. Tony you fought him"

"Fought him? Who told you that? No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker street magician gave away the store. There was no fight"

"Okay"

"There was no fight cause he's unbeatable" Tony muttered angry at Steve for bring it up.

"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates. Anything?" Steve asked.

"I saw this coming a few years back. Had a vision. Didn't want to believe it. Thought I was dreaming" Tony rambled on.

"Tony I'm going to need you to stay focus"

"And I needed you! As in past tense" Tony fought back. "That trumps what you need. It's too late, buddy. Sorry" He stood up out of the wheelchair, pushing the pens and glasses off the table. He then tried remove the IV he had in his arm. "You know what I need? A shave. And I believe I remember telling all of youse..."

"Tony. Tony" Rhodey said trying to calm him down.

"Alive and otherwise that what we needed was a suit of armor around the world. Whether it impacted or precious freedom or not. That's what we needed"

"Well that didn't work out did it?" Steve said calmly.

"Tony. Calm down" Francesca muttered as she witnessed her brother become all worked up. She had remained quiet until now.

"Francesca shut it. The adults are talking" Tony shouted before turning back to Steve. "Guess what Cap. We lost, and you weren't there!"

Francesca watched as her brother continued to ostracize Steve, ripping out his energy source which kept him alive. Francesca ran over as he dropped to the floor trying to catch his breath before passing out.
———
Later that night once Tony was sedated and heeling, Francesca walked out of the room with her arms crossed against her chest. The group was suited up waiting for her.

"What's going on?" Francesca asked.

"We are going to kill Thanos and get the stones. Hopefully reverse what he had done. Come on" Steve explained, waving her on.

"I'm not coming" Francesca spoke out.

"What?" Bruce questioned.

"I already lost Bucky. I'm not risking losing his child" Francesca said. A smile creeped up onto Steve's face. He grabbed in a quick hug before pulling away. Natasha gave her a small nod and a smile.

"Let's go then" Steve commanded. Francesca watched from the main lawn at the facility as they boarded the ship and launched back into space. She was desperately clinging to the smallest amount of hope that they would come back successful.