26) Time Travel

"Okay Clint

"Okay Clint. This may or may not hurt a bit" Francesca said into the microphone as she began to switch the buttons on. The machine began to create a loud whirling noise as it powered on.

She watched as Clint's face shield covered his face, seconds later he was sucked into the quantum realm. A few seconds later he flashed back, his body screaming out in pain. Natasha ran over to him, trying to help him out of it.

"Hey, hey, hey. Look at me" Natasha muttered gripping his face. As Clint stood up Natasha asked "are you okay?". Clint responded with a calm "yeah". Francesca let out a sigh of relief.

"Barton?" Tony asked.

"It worked" Clint said throwing Tony the baseball mit he had brought back with him. The group looked at each other before heading to the conference to strategize.

"Okay, so we know the how works. Now we have to figure out the when and the where" Steve said as he stood in the front of the room, positioned next to multiple screens that displayed all of the stones, which needed to be retrieved. "Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six infinity stones"

"Or substitute the word encounter for damn near killed by one of the six infinity stones" Tony said standing on the opposite side of the room.

"I haven't" Scott spoke out. Francesca sat in the chair, her feet comfortably resting on the table as she munched on popcorn. "I don't even know what the hell you all are talking about"

"Regardless we only have enough Pym particles for one round trip each and these stones have been in a little of different places throughout history" Banner added, circling the room.

"Our history. So not a lot of convenient spots to drop in" Tony continued.

"I suppose we have to pick our targets"  Clint muttered from the corner he was standing in.

"Correct" Tony said as he sipped on his coffee.

"Let's start with the Ether. Thor what do you know?" Steve asked. The room immediately turned towards him. He was seated in the corner, drunk and looking like a homeless slob. He remained quiet for a minute.

"Is he asleep?" Natasha asked.

"No, no. Pretty sure he's dead" Banner muttered back. Banner walked over poking Thor out of his drunken slumber. Thor, quite startled and still drunk made his way up front trying to give the group information.

"Well, where to start. The ether, firstly is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before, it's more of an angry sludge sort of thing. So someone is going to have to amend that and stop saying that. Interesting story though about the ether. My grandfather many years ago had to hide the stone from the elves. Ooooh. Scary beings. Jane actually, Jane an old flame of mine. She stuck her hand inside a rock one time and then the ether stuck inside of her..." Thor rambled on. His story led to Thor drunkenly crying and having to be escorted to a seat by Tony.

The raccoon went next followed by Nebula. The group listened intensely to the conversations. Natasha was the note taker while Scott asked all the questions, trying to fill himself in.

The group feeling quite defeated laid around the conference, dozing off.

"You know, I wish I could just go back. Say no to Pepper. Wonder what life would be like right now" Francesca muttered as she laid on her back, staring at the ceiling.

"Go back? Are you nuts? You'd be working that dead end job. I saved you in 2012" Tony said cockily you his sister. She rolled her eyes at him.

"That's it" Natasha said popping up off the table. "New York City. 2012. There is three stones in New York"

Everyone got up, ready to continue the plan.

"Alright. We got a plan. Six stones. Three teams. One shot" Steve said as he looked at the Time Heist plan they had created. Everyone left the room to get geared up, Francesca however, hung back.

"Nervous?" Tony asked her.

"A little. I worry about Adelina. No dad, she can't live without a mom" Francesca said rubbing the back of her arm.

"She can't live without her dad either. Not knowing the chance we have of bringing him back" Tony reassured her. Francesca smiled, heading to get geared up herself. She walked onto the platform looking at the others.

"Five years ago we lost, friends, family, a part of us. Today we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your mission. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do overs. Good luck" Steve said. Francesca looked at her brother as the floor began to open.

"See you in a minute" Natasha smiled. Francesca closed her eyes before disappearing.