19) The Escape to Siberia

Francesca, Steve and Sam were hiding out in an abandoned warehouse waiting for Bucky to become conscious

Francesca, Steve and Sam were hiding out in an abandoned warehouse waiting for Bucky to become conscious. His arm was being constrained by an engine lift.

"How's your head?" Steve asked Francesca.

"Fine. Nothing I can't handle" she said looking at Bucky in the distance. She could see him stirring from the corner of her eye. Steve ran over at the sound of Sam's voice. Francesca, however, held back in the doorway.

"Steve"

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve asked.

"Your mom's name was Sarah. You use to wear newspapers in your shoes" he chuckled at the end recalling the memory.

"Can't read that in a museum"

"Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?" Sam asked.

"Our first date?" Francesca asked as she walked into the room making her presence known. Bucky cheered up at the sound of her voice.

"The restaurant across from the market, you insisted on paying at first but I told you I was old school. Guess you know I'm just old now" Bucky joked. Francesca softly bit her lip, wanting to place a kiss on his lips.

"What did I do?" Bucky asked. Francesca winced at the sound of his voice asking. She could tell he felt guilty for something he had no control over.

"Enough"

"Oh god, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside of me is still there. All he had to do is say those goddamn words!" Bucky said hanging his head low. He was so ashamed he couldn't look at the others.

"Who was he?" Steve asked.

"I don't know"

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup... the doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than "I don't know" okay?" Steve asked. Bucky raised his head looking at Steve.

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept... he wanted to know exactly where."

"Why would he need to know that?" Steve asked.

"Because I'm not the only Winter Solider" Bucky muttered. Francesca furrowed her eyebrows at the sound of there being more. Steve cleared his throat signaling for Francesca to leave.

"Can you get some stuff to clean up Bucky?" Steve asked. Francesca shook her head. She gave one more look at Sam and Steve before exiting the room.

She rummaged through the bag that was near the entrance of the warehouse. As she shuffled through it she could hear the helicopter circle around the area for the fifth time.

She grabbed the first aid kit and headed back to the three in the back room.

"If we call Tony.." Steve began. Francesca stepped interrupting their conversation.

"Tony won't believe you. He's too caught up in his own world right now. It's us against him. We are on our own" Francesca said as she walked over to Bucky cleaning up his wounds and the dry blood on his face.

"Maybe not. I know a guy" Sam said.
———
Francesca had arrived at the airport before anyone hoping to sneak into the hanger and reboot the aircraft. She needed to make sure it was off the radar and was able to fly without Tony knowing it's whereabouts.

She pushed a few keys before the light on the dashboard turned on. Francesca sighed a breath of relief until she was met with a password. "Tony, you little genius. I should have known" she muttered as she twiddled her fingers in the air, trying to conjure up the password.

She debated with Jarvis, Pepper, Tony but decided to use Ironman. She figured he couldn't resist from making the password all about him. The dashboard once again lit up and Francesca knew she had down her job. Now it was just brushing up on flying this thing.

Francesca rummaged through the manual hoping to find something about the controls when she heard commotion outside of the hanger. First it started off with warnings blaring through the speakers. But then the sounds of people fighting caught her attention. She ran to the window hoping to see what all the noise was about.

She jumped in the driver's seat, slipping on her head set.

"Do you copy? The aircraft is ready. I'm in hanger five" Francesca said into the microphone. From the window she could see the rest heading her way. The group, however, was stopped by Vision. She intensely watched as the two sides stood facing each other, slowly charging at the others.

Suddenly the ant sized guy grew to be a giant. Francesca looked out the window stunned.

"We're coming. Get the engines ready" Steve informed her. She quickly focused again, switching all the engines on. She lowered the back hatch waiting for them to run on. Just as the two ran on the aircraft, Francesca closed the ramp and immediately began for lift off. Steve came over taking control of the switches.

Francesca jumped up grabbing Bucky in a hug. His arms, gripped her back tightly, his chin resting gently on her head. The two pulled apart and stand down in their seats as Rhodey and Tony flew up on them. Steve thrusted forward leaving them behind.

The three were heading to Siberia.