29) Doomed?

Six months later

Six months later....

"So how's this week been? Any breakthroughs?" Dr. Raynor asked. Francesca stared off into space, her mind racing at a mile a minute thinking about everything but this therapy session. "Francesca?"

"Sorry, what's the question?" Francesca asked turning her head towards the therapist.

"How's this week been? Have you spoken to him? Made an progress with controlling your powers?" She asked.

"It's not powers, it's enhancements. I haven't fought or killed anyone if that's what your asking" Francesca snapped. She hated this question, the same question and same answer every week.

"And your relationship? Have you followed the three steps we established last week?" She asked. Francesca sighed.

"I talked to him briefly. It was after I let Buck- James take Adelina for lunch last week which was in fact supervised. Although my daughter doesn't seem to like the fact that she needs to watched when she's with her father.....She's been asking for a sleepover but the court-, you haven't allowed it yet"

"I worry he's still having nightmares. Something can flick at any moment and then-" Dr. Raynor began.

"He's not a killer" Francesca spoke out. She could fathom the fact that people still saw him as a killer. Her patience was starting to thin, causing her foot to begin tapping against her thigh.

"He's not be trusted still. The agreement for the pardon was supervised visitations, mandated therapy and making amends. As for you therapy, no powers and proving you weren't attached to him. That was the rules you two agreed on with the court to come back. Remember you were a criminal here in the United States for not signing the accords" Dr. Raynor said quite meanly. The alarm signaled the session was over. Francesca sighed before grabbing her bag and leaving the session without saying a word.

"See you next week" Dr.Raynor called out from the doorway. Francesca was already rushing down the stairs, pushing the front door open. She sprinted to the cab on the end of the block. "Stark Towers please" she asked before checking her phone. Six missed calls from her assistant alone. She rubbed her temples feeling completely overwhelmed with the company, her emotions, her thoughts, and most importantly what was best for Adelina.

The cab stopped at the entrance of Stark Towers. Francesca jumped out being met by Happy.

"I could have picked you up. I don't like you taking cabs. Just a simple text and I would have been over there" Happy lectured following her into the building.

"Happy. Really I appreciate it but I told you. Take care of the kid. He needs it, he needs you more than I do. Plus you and May? Right?" Francesca said. Happy shook his head exiting the building at once. She headed inside the elevator taking a breath before the floor dinged open and chaos met her.

"Ms. Stark you have a meeting in room 1" someone called out. Francesca continued walking.

"There's a phone call for you on line three" someone else called out. Francesca swiftly walked into her office, her assistant slipping into the room before closing the door and blinds.

"There's six missed calls from the government. There's four calls from competitors and there's a meeting in room one waiting for you. Also there was a voicemail from town hall requesting your presence and backing for a new "project"

"What time?" Francesca asked.

"What?"

"What time? The town hall meeting?" Francesca asked looking up from her desk and the notes she had scattered all over.

"Tonight. 6 pm. Something about new leadership- it sounded like a fake call" the assistant said.

"Thank you, Alexandra. You can go now" Francesca said. The assistant left and Francesca focused on the work she needed to be. She looked at all the bills, the expenses Tony had occurred and she huffed fearing the company was bankrupt. She knew even liquidating wouldn't help her out of all the debt she had inherited.

Francesca threw her pen aggressively hard across the room, lodging a few inches into the cement wall. Francesca quickly gathered her composure before pulling the pen out of the wall.

A few hours passed and Adelina ran into her office. Alexandra had picked her up from school a couple of blocks over.

"How was school?" Francesca asked taking a break from her work. She straightened out Adelina's sloppy uniform.

"Good. What are we doing tonight?" Adelina asked as she sat in the chair in the corner as she pulled out her workbook.

"I have to stop somewhere before home. Okay? No questions" Francesca informed the young girl. Adelina so patient and understanding sat in the corner minding her own business until her mother was ready to leave for work. The two walked out of the building and headed down the street to the city capital. Outside was reporters, paparazzi and many government officials.

"Ms. Stark" a voice shouted. A young girl came running down pushing through the crowd. The three made their way inside.

"Ms. Stark, as the mayor I just wanted to it is a privilege meeting you. We are asking for Stark Industries backing with our newest project" the man said. He turned around to reveal a man walking in a improved Captain America outfit.

"Is that-?"

"The shield? Yes. This is our newest Captain America. We need someone to represent us, the people, in the fight. We were hoping you'd supply Stark technology"

"No, I can't I'm sorry-" Francesca said grabbing Adelina's hand. The two began to walk out.

"2 billion dollar deal. Could be more" the man shouted. Francesca turned around. That money could easily save the company, it's employees, it's reputation.

"Deal" Francesca said shaking his hand. The mayor and the new Captain America walked out to hold a quick press conference.

"America is in need of leadership. I'd like to present the new Captain America. John Walker is here to serve our country with backing from Stark industries with the newest and best technology and weapons we are indestructible" the mayor announced. Francesca looked at her daughter, fearing she had just made the biggest mistake.