Chapter 23

Hellooo readers, here is chapter 23!
_________________________________________________

I woke up to quiet whispers and the jolting of a car. I didn’t open my eyes; I wanted to hear what they were saying but they were talking to low.

“Stop arguing, I don’t care about whatever it is right now. How are my brother and mate?!”

That voice I knew and I knew he was mad.

“Your brother is almost completely healed; he should actually wake up any second now. Ah here he comes.” That sounded like the guy for the hotel.

“Argghh what they hell happened? I feel like I’ve been hit by a train.”

I felt Caden sigh and then give a strained chuckle, “I think that’s what happens when you’re shot bro.”

“How is she?” I felt a hand run down the side of my cheek. They didn’t say anything but the man from the hotel spoke up.

“She is healing as fast as she can. I fixed up her stab wound, so she won’t bleed out but the bones and other cuts will have to be fixed up when we get back, I don’t have the things I need here.”

“Please tell me someone got that bastard.” I heard Adrian ask.

Caden started to growl, “No. he transformed and then got out of there before anyone could stop him.”

“Transformed?”

“Yeah it seems that Claire forgot to mention a very important piece of information before we all left.”

“She only left it out because of me.” I heard Nathan say. Everyone remained silent. I finally opened my eyes and sat up. My body groaned in protest but I looked straight at Nathan. He stared back with wide eyes.

“What is it you told her not to tell?” I asked. This was getting ridiculous. I wanted to know the truth. I am so done with the way my life was turning out.

“You need to calm down, Gabriella.” I took in a deep breath and gave him a glare.

“Something doesn’t feel right, Nathan. I want to know what you and mom aren’t telling me.” he gave a deep sigh a nodded his head.

“I will but not here. Your mom should be there too.” He looked a Richard and they both were unnaturally pale in the face. “I’m sorry, Richard. I am truly sorry.”

“It’s not your fault. We shouldn’t have kept this secret from them.” I muttered out. I looked at the twins and they looked just as confused. So did Luke and Carter. The only ones that looked like they knew what was going on were the three men: Nathan, Richard, and Tony.

I looked over to my side and saw the gentlemen and women sitting there holding hands. They must have felt me looking at them because they turned to me with large smiles on their faces. I slowly smiled back.