Chapter 28

Adrian's Pov:

We made quick work of the rogues. With Caden and my wolf so on edge, we quickly got rid of them all before they even knew what was happening.

Lilly hadn't mind linked us but we were following her scent. I noticed that Jordan's wolf was pushing us to go faster and he looked worried.

'Jay, you okay?'

His big wolf head snapped to me. I could see the worry shining in his eyes, 'No, I'm not. I should have said something sooner but I didn't want to freak her out.' He was mumbling in his head.

'What are you talking about?'

'She's my mate and I just let her go.' He growled in all of our heads. 'There could be more rogues out there and I just let you go.'

I was confused. The only one we let go was Lilly... Oh shit! Lilly is his mate!

'Is Lilly your mate?'

I could see the wolf smile as I asked this, 'Yeah she is.' He then started to look worried, 'Do you think she's alright?'

I snorted, 'She maybe jumpy around us still but she went threw hell and still survived. She's one of the strongest trackers I have ever met. Yeah I think she will be fine.' Caden told him.

He slightly relaxed and everyone said congrats. We got quiet after that and started to run a full sprint. We had just stepped into a clearing and a old broken down building was in front of us. Instead of Lilly scent being on the outside, we could all smell that she had walked in.

'Why would she go in with out us?' Jordan mused.

I didn't know until I took a big whiff and smelt Gabbi. 'Because her Luna is in there.' I stated.

We all started to walk quietly to the building to sneak in when I heard three things that made my heart clench. The first was a gun shot, the second was a scream and the last was a vicious growl that made even me nervous to go towards the sound.

We all sprinted into the building and ran to the room where we could hear snarling. When we busted in, I was more shocked than anything with the scene in front of me.

A small she-wolf with shivery-white fur had a large dull brown male wolf by the neck. She was shaking her head until we all her the crack of the wolf's neck snapping. The small she-wolf looked at us and then walked over to a small crumpled form on the ground.

Lilly was on the ground, even though she was in pain she was smiling softly at the she-wolf. "You're so pretty." She weakly lifted her hand and started to pet the she-wolf.

All of a sudden there was a bright light and then I saw Gabbi's hunched, naked form next to Lilly. I quickly flung my shirt at her and she quickly put it on. Unfortunately, it was after we all saw all the whip markings, cuts and bruises that were on her back. She quickly got up, "Hold in there." I watched in amazement as my little angel went straight into healer mode. She ran to a table where she grabbed a few things and went back to Lilly.

When she was in front of Lilly again, she looked over to the group of us, "I need another shirt and some help." Jordan quickly moved foward. "Thank you....?"

"Jordan. Top fighter of the pack, my Luna." He told her, bowing his head in respect.

I watched as Gabbi's lips twitched slightly and she chuckled, "Please call me Gabbi." Her face then turned serious. "I am going to need you to hold her down. What I am going to do is going to hurt her but it needs to be done." I was amazed at how professional she was being. I could tell she was in pain but was pushing it aside to save Lilly's life.