Chapter 11

YAYA! you guys are amazing (: because you guys gave me ten votes, here is the next chapter! Enjoy!!

__________________________________________

I was wrapped up in very warm sheets and I snuggled deeper into them. I heard soft chuckles but didn’t pay any attention to it. Wow these silk sheets are amazing. Wait…. I don’t have silk sheets. After that thought, everything came rushing back: the Barbie’s, the mall, the bet and most importantly, Adrian and Caden turning into wolves. I sat straight up in the bed and my eyes zeroed on the boys that were sitting, watching me with worry.

“Gabbi?” Caden whispered but it was so quiet in the room, it seemed as though he had shouted it. I stayed quiet, just staring.

“Gabbi, say something, please.” Adrian pleaded with me. I just sat there and stared at them. That’s when the door busted open, slamming into the wall, a very happy Samantha standing there. Well she was happy until she saw all three of us. At the sound of the door I had cringed into the corner of the bed, staring wide-eyed at everyone.

She was staring at me with sympathy. “Oh my… Richard?” I heard her say and in a matter of seconds Richard was rushing into the room, sniffing and looking wildly around until his eyes settled on me, cowering in the corner of the bed.

“Oh Gabbi.” He sounded so sad. He went to walk to me and I shook my head whimpering. This was so much worse than my dad. They could turn into big wolves and use me as chew toys. Just the thought had me whimpering again and I shut my eyes tight.

“Gabbi?” I heard Samantha’s voice this time. It held so much pain and sadness in it. I opened my eyes and looked at everyone. The sadness I heard in Samantha’s voice was mirrored in all four of their faces. “Sweetie will you hear us out, please?” I looked at her like she was crazy. I wanted to get away from them. I wanted to go home and curl up into my mom’s arms like when I was a little kid and scared.

“I want to go home.” I said in such a small, scared voice. “Please.” I begged at the end.

“Gabbi please let us explain.” Adrian begged and it almost sounded like he was going to cry. I looked at him and Caden and could see the tears in their eyes. It made my chest hurt but I was just so scared.

“Please.” I begged again. I watched as Richard moved to the boys and put his hands on their shoulders, they sagged in defeat and walked out of the room with Richard following them. When they left the pain started in my chest again, and I sucked in a breath, rubbing on my chest. Samantha sat down on the desk chair and gave me another sympathetic look.

“Your aunt will be here shortly.” She said to me. I just nodded my head. I was sitting there for a couple of seconds before I heard two loud, pain-filled growls erupted from downstairs somewhere. I jumped and looked wide-eyed and Samantha. She wasn’t looking at me though; she was looking sadly at the door. She turned to me with tear filled eyes.

“Gabbi, I know you are scared. I was too when Richard found me. It took me a while to even wrap my head around the concept. It took me a while to come around, too long and Richard almost died from me waiting so long.” She said and it sounded like it hurt her to have hurt him. “I didn’t know that by me staying away from him and not talking to him was a way of showing rejection. I just wanted time, but when a wolf or werewolf finds his mate all he wants is to have them close. To love them, protect them, to take care of them.” She sighed.