Girlfriend Corporation: Thirty Six

GFC Thirty Six

Lee Chaeryeong's Point of View..

(This was the whole phone conversation where Yuna eavesdrop. Lol.)

After I finished picking the dress that I was going to wear on Lia's birthday, I walked down to the kitchen to drink some water. I need to replace the gallons of sweat that I've released the whole afternoon. I kind of understand Lia's mother for making such a fuss over this. I mean, she's their only daughter. I get the intent on showing off.

What I don't understand about them was the feud and the lack of support towards Lia's genuine happiness. It was just a mess. But anyway, it was none of my business. I'll just let Ryujin handle it.

What I should be thinking about now was how am I going to impress Yuna. I've been doing a lot of things that disappoints her. And it wasn't in the contract to hurt her.  It was frustrating for my part as well. I'm not used at being torn like this.  My ethics are being all mixed up. My emotions are getting the best of me these past few days. And I don't even have the guts to tell Ryujin. She has enough on her plate. I don't want to add up on her problems.

And also, I don't want to tell her that right now. I don't know how she's going to take it. I don't want to lose the only person who was always been there for me all my life. I don't want to lose another best friend.

So I dialled the President's number. It's been a while since I talked to her and the last time that we had a conversation, it was also about me and Ryujin. I don't know how the president's brain works. Mina Unnie and her was nothing alike when it comes to a lot of matters. It was odd to say the least. Like Lia and her Mom. It was disgusting how money can make people have that much greed that they would disregard their own loved ones' happiness. Aside from we're nothing but an employee for the president and not her loved ones. I'm talking about her and Mina Unnie. We're just an employee. An employee who makes a lot of money for the corporation.

But.. I'm more worried about entirely something else. And I know the president can answer some of my questions.

After a few rings, the president picked up. Good thing that I have her personal number not her secretary's hotline.

[Ms. Chaeryeong, what a surprise.] Her voice was laced in boredom and the authoritative tone was there. No wonder most people are scared of her.

"Hwang Yeji. Do you know that she attends the same school as us?" I asked without beating around the bush.  It went quiet on the other line for a few seconds  and I heard her hissed.

[That's the reason why you called your boss, Chaeryeong?] I heard the familiar cold tone again.

"I just wanted to know why you didn't tell us.." I pressed irritated.

[Does she know?] I know that she was talking about Ryujin. She was so obsessed with Ryujin that she's willing to do all the measures that she can do to make her stay at the corporation.

"No. Ryujin doesn't know. And I don't have plans on telling her.. at least not now.." I answered annoyed.

[Why? Don't you think she deserves to know?] The audacity of this.. how dare she just say that when she already know about it even before sending us at the university.

"She's coping up with it, okay? I won't ruin it for her this time." I answered back extremely annoyed.

[Oh. What a very nice thing for a best friend to do. You are a real sweetheart, Chaeryeong-ssi.] She said her voice overwhelmingly sarcastic.