Girlfriend Corporation: Forty Six

GFC Forty Six

My parents didn't go home. Dad texted me that they are going to stay at the hotel where my party would be held at for some finishing touches at the venue. On the other hand, Mom called me to tell me not to sleep on the same room with Ryujin. Tss. I told her that she doesn't have to worry since Ryujin had gone home a while ago. I told her that Yuna was here though. And she didn't said anything after that but a farewell and wished me a good night. So now, I'm lying in my bed, with a sleeping Yuna beside me.

Just a few minutes and it would be my birthday. I sighed. I'm not at all excited. I mean, this isn't any different than my previous birthdays. I just thought that I would get to celebrate it the way I want this time. Like, watch a crappy Netflix series all day and sleeping occasionally, eat as much junk foods as I can, cook for myself and Yuna. Perhaps with Ryujin, Chaeryeongie, and Zephora. I can even invite Chaeyoungie over if it's okay. Or Yeji if I am still clueless about her relationship with Chaeryeongie. But my Mom ended up throwing a huge party just like always. I don't even know why I had my hopes up. Expectation was always followed by disappointment. But, I'm still happy that I would get to celebrate with my friends and my family. Though.. would Ryujin bring Zeph along? I wouldn't mind but.. Mom. I don't think she'd take it lightly.

I spaced out after that but then I was interrupted by phone's vibration at the bed side table. I lazily reached for it and sat up resting my back on the headboard. I kinked an eyebrow when I've seen who texted me.

Hwang Boss: Happy Birthday, Lia.

I checked the time and it was.. exactly 12 am. I unknowingly stared at the message for a few more seconds. It was so unusual for someone to wait for your birthday and be the first person to greet you.

Choi Lia: Thank you:)

I sent it right away and put down my phone and lie down. I've heard it vibrated again but I didn't bothered to check it again and reply to Yeji's message. What does she want with me?

---

The day went by so fast without me even noticing. I was waken up by Mom at exactly 6am. Sent me a whole Glam team just for my 22nd birthday. I know it was too much but I can't do anything with it. People scribbling on my feet for pedicure and on my hands for manicure. Some people messing with my hair. I was basically being dragged on everywhere while I was still half asleep. I was tempted to lash out and get rid of them all but my Mom was watching the whole thing happened. Occasionally giving instructions to what designs and colors should my nails be and it was so.. annoying. The noise and the busy, cramming people was making me dizzy. I couldn't even tell if those people are girls or boys that was assigned to beautify me. I just don't care that much. Plain and simple.

I vigorously messed my newly 'hot oiled' and curled hair. I know my Mom will never shut up if she would see me here. I slumped my overly exhausted body down on one of the chairs in the dining room. I haven't had my breakfast and lunch and was hoping to have my early dinner in peace before going to the venue in exactly three hours from now. I already have put full make up on and I just have to put on the dress that my Mom of course picked for me. I've seen it earlier and I think it would expose too much skin for my own liking. But it was fancy dress nonetheless. As I took my first bite on the leftovers earlier that I have requested from the helper, I interrupted by Yuna who casually sat down beside me.

"Your Mom will kill you if she'd seen you on that state, babe." Yuna snorted and snatched my spoon away and took a spoonful of food herself. Psh. What a hypocrite. She was already dressed up unlike me. And she was absolutely stunning in her black silk dress that reached her mid thighs. You would think that she was the celebrant and not me. My baby sister has grown to be such a fine woman. "Happy Birthday by the way. Your gift would be my presence in your party." Yuna added and flipped her hair. I rolled my eyes but I was grinning nonetheless.