Girlfriend Corporation: Fifty One

GFC Fifty One

Shuhua and Soojin eventually left before I did as soon as the rain stopped pouring. I was still waiting for her. She texted me earlier that she'll arrive soon. And as if on cue, Ryujin's navy green bike parked outside the café I was in. I immediately waved out to her to get her attention. With a wide smile, Ryujin half run inside the establishment and sat down on the chair where Shuhua was previously sitting.

"I'm sorry I'm late." I just nodded my head in understanding. I looked at Ryujin who was partly wet from rain. I sighed and instinctively fished out the handkerchief on the back pocket of my slacks. And I realized that, I couldn't really use this anymore on Ryujin, could I? I stared for a few seconds on the cloth on my hand. "That was Yeji's, right?" I looked up at Ryujin who just casually stole my drink and emptied the cup in a single sip. I raised an eyebrow at the question. How did she know?

"I mean, yeah?" I answered with an awkward smile. Ryujin nodded understandingly and leaned her back on the chair. "How did you know?"

"She have this distinctive sets of hankies since we were in high school. A combination of green, blue and purple. It was.. our favorite colors. Mine, hers and Chaeryeongie. There was also an embroidery of her name at the corner of it. I've seen it once when you're using it on me. Uhmm.. last week." Ryujin explained as I became silent. "And you've been carrying it around. I'm surprised you didn't returned it to her. May I.. ask why?" I felt my eyes widened at Ryujin's question. Why am I keeping it around? I had the same question before but..

"It always comes in handy. And.. she gave me this when I was having some.. sort of difficult time." Yes. You were jealous of the pink nerdy girl that Ryujin kissed during CBA party and drunk your ass to death. How shallow of you, Lia.

"I see." Ryujin repeatedly nodded her head while scanning my face intently. It actually made me uncomfortable a bit so I had to look away. "You're not.. having some sort of crush with.. Yeji, are you?" E-ehh? Ehh?! Me? Crushing on Hwang Yeji? I mean, Yeji is definitely a catch. She's smart, talented and stunning. I'd be lying if I was to say it didn't crossed my mind. But, it never came close to how attractive I fine Ryujin was.

"Nope. She just looks like an ideal friend, you know? She's a good listener and all. But, I don't. And did not. Had a crush on her I mean." I answered honestly. Not when I have you. I sighed at how bold my thoughts these days were. It's making my head throb in pain.

"Good. I mean, I see." Good? I chuckled at how Ryujin's became pale from embarrassment and then turned to crimson red. She cleared her throat and posed a small smile. "I'm surprised you don't have questions in regards of my past relationship with her. Did you two talked about it? I've been meaning to ask but I figured you might need time to.. process, I guess." I snorted at her. Isn't it funny how we practically switched roles here? It used to be me who talks a lot and complains about most trivial things.

"Would you be willing to answer me?" I asked rhetorically. Ryujin sighed and hummed short after. "I just feel like.. Yeji wasn't completely honest with me when we talked about you. Is it okay to say that?" It has been nagging me. Especially the night of my birthday when we walked off. We didn't talked about it. I mean, we kind of talked about Yeonjun but not.. Yeji. I was too scared to ask. What if.. what if she still like her? If you would ask me, I'm sure Ryujin did felt something towards the cat eyed girl before. Who knows. Maybe until now. Who am I to ignore the possibility of it, right.

"I know she won't tell you the whole story though. Why I cut her off after.. my contract with her." I knew it. Yeji only told me about her thing with Ryujin during high school and never mentioned about her relationship with Ryujin on the span of three months. She might have said something about the corporation knowing her too well. She was offered to date Ryujin if she agrees to be Chaeryeong's first client. Her contract was delayed for over a year because.. I assume it was because of.. Zephora, after she dated Yeonjun. My asshole of a cousin. And then Hyunjin who used connections to be Ryujin's first official client. But she never said a single detail about her time with Ryujin in that three months. Also, she didn't directly said that she was Ryujin's second official client and ex-girlfriend. It was.. strange. And I wanted to know why. But.. do I want to ask?